Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice on cooking these??

Options
Never cook or eaten these. Picked them up today at what I thought seemed like a good price to try them. Any advice?  Thanks

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    I like them. Here is a good recipe. http://necessaryindulgences.com/2013/09/beef-spare-ribs/
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    This is what I do.. Indirect 250/275 dome about 5 hours, a little oak for smoke. I just rub with S&P. After I pull at the 5 hour mark I then foil with a little beef stock and Worcestershire sauce for about 45 min.. I am sure you will get others chiming in.. Good luck and enjoy..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NonaScott
    Options
    Just  FYI I usually leave my slab whole instead of cutting into individual ribs
    Narcoossee, FL

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Like brisket--L/S until probe tender
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.  Hopefully they are good.  They cut the slab in half.  I will keep it that way.  I haven't opened the package, but is there a membrane I should be tearing off?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• NonaScott
    Options
    It looks like there is but I have yet to be able to get it off and I have cooked them quite a few times.
    Narcoossee, FL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    You should be able to get rid of the membrane and just go til the between bones meat probes like buttah.  Likely in the 205-210*F range but I never pay attention to temperature.  Enjoy the cook and eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.