Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket taco

Options
texaswig
texaswig Posts: 2,682
I trimmed it till aaron Franklin would have cried. Im telling you I killed it. Rubbed it with salt lick garlic rub. Smoked it at 300 for 2.5 hours. Then put it a pan with beef broth mixed with a cup each bbq sauce and ketchup. Then 325 for 4 more hours. Came out perfect. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    What, no phone call?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    Bravo!!!
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Killer 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • texaswig
    Options
    @Hotch it's was a experiment. I'm gonna be doing more this way. Good and fast. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @texaswig I've been thinking along these lines recently. Your cook looks great. Was the broth, bbq sauce, and ketchup your concoction or a recipe? After the cook, would you make any change to the liquid mixture?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yup!  Great cook!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • texaswig
    Options
    @SciAggie yep a cup each with 32oz (1 carton) of broth. I liked it like that. cutting all the fat off helps speed up the cooking and gives more surface for rub. Use a rub with a lot of black pepper. also forgot to mention is after putting in pan cover with foil. The slices came out pretty good. But the chop is where it's at with this. Best chopped beef I've ever made. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I'd hit that. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That looks damn good!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great post, beautiful cook! Love brisket tacos. 5 Stars!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks outstanding, I'll take 3. What did you top them with?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
  • texaswig
    Options
    @Griffin a creamy vinegar-based slaw with Cilantro and cojita cheese. Couple dashes valentino Mexican hot sauce. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bravo!  Nice work - I like to see smoked meats turned into complex flavors in something more than slices of meat on a plate.
    Options
    You nailed it, wish you could mail them :D
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm, tacoooos.

That looks great.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    the preferred feast of Jim Rockford
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Legume
    Options
    Nice Rockford reference.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nice Rockford reference.
    watched it as a kid in the 70's & every opportunity since in reruns, recently began a straight run through on Netflix, it's a timeless piece of genius & for my money Rockford is the greatest character in tv history, love that bastard
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Where's mine?? 
  • Legume
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Legume said:
    Nice Rockford reference.
    watched it as a kid in the 70's & every opportunity since in reruns, recently began a straight run through on Netflix, it's a timeless piece of genius & for my money Rockford is the greatest character in tv history, love that bastard
    Didn't know it was on Netflix, good time for a refresher.  He was snarcastic ahead of his time.