Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking About

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
Look I get @Lit 's complaint. That said we're thinking of being cooks at the next GA MTN FEST.  Thoughts???  
Please keep these positive! We're about 7.5-8.5 hrs away. Nonetheless we are considering it and....I'm thinking fresh seafood. Thoughts?????!!!!! 
Who gives a SHIJ about a T-shirt :rofl:
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Do it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Blake, I'm committed to @Piney for that cook but you should be next door, Nichole and I know how to help my friend!  Hope you come up!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Blake if you do, I'm in too. I can't cook for sh!t but I can hand beer to those that can...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Blake if you do, I'm in too. I can't cook for sh!t but I can hand beer to those that can...
    Definitely need y'all next to us!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Look I get @Lit 's complaint. That said we're thinking of being cooks at the next GA MTN FEST.  Thoughts???  
    Please keep these positive! We're about 7.5-8.5 hrs away. Nonetheless we are considering it and....I'm thinking fresh seafood. Thoughts?????!!!!! 
    Who gives a SHIJ about a T-shirt :rofl:
    Once you've done it multiple times and seen the work that goes into it you will understand. You spend days getting ready for it and a lot of your own time and money and very little though was given to hook all the cooks up that make the event possible. I think that was my 4th time cooking there I am easily an XL eggs worth of money into cooking here and I got an XXXL art fest tshirt or some crap. I would have been happier just not getting anything. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    And to answer your question we spent $300 on meat and that's cooking cheap stuff like pork tenderloins and shoulders for the masses and we ran out of food. To turn out enough seafood at a fest that size you would have to spend atleast $500 and probably much more. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Lit Thanks for the insight. Again I can empathize with your complaint. I do get it. One of our biggest obstacles would be transporting all the food to do the fest there. Considering it's 7.5-8.5 hrs out for us. But, nonetheless we are considering it an option in the future. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL