Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife's awaw..

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum

...so I've been cooking up the stuff that's not on her diet...which makes it not on mine. Funny how marriage works that way.

Started off with a pizza on Friday. Three cheese and pepperoni and salami.

My usual dough recipe, Egg setup (Bge stone on top of the AR) and temp, but for some reason it didn't cook up like normal. Bottom was getting done, so I popped it on the oven under the broiler to finish up the top. Only thing I can think of is that my dough was less than 24 hours old and I usually let it go 48 to 72 hours. Oh well, still good.

Last night I went with burgers, 1/4lb patties, used fish sauce which the wife won't let me use once she saw how much sodium is in it. So good...

Double meat, double cheese, corn and some fries. Apparently we were out of tots.

Sitting here at work, trying to finish up and wondering what's on the menu tonight. Me thinks wings might be in order...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Or.. Brats simmered with onions, peppers in beer, served on a brioche bun.. and pick up some tater tots.. Whatever you decide ...Enjoy.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Bacon, and lots of it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Both great ideas. Kinda thinking ribs might be good. But then again, my mini hasn't seen much action lately, so maybe I'll cook something on that....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Both great ideas. Kinda thinking ribs might be good. But then again, my mini hasn't seen much action lately, so maybe I'll cook something on that....
    Great call. Cut the rack in 1/3s they will go!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    You my friend are my hero... Sitting here indoors as this tropical whatever the hell it is recks my egg adventures I am forced to drink my sorrows away and live vicariously through you and the rest of the egg brethren.  Post on my friend....post on!!!!  
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Nice looking spread!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Looks great Griffin!  I agree, when my wife travels, I always cook outside her 'diet'.   Since she is town this weekend, it was swordfish, not too bad...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.