Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Any interest in the 100th running of the Indy 500 this weekend?

Eggaroo
Eggaroo Posts: 417
My wife and I will be attending the race on Sunday while most of you will be having your family barbeques and I was just wondering if anybody will be watching. This year's race is the first one ever that has been declared a sellout so the local television blackout has been lifted for the first time since 1950. The expected attendance is being estimated at 350,000 plus. It's going to be crazy!
Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)

Comments

• Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    I'm an Indiana kid even though I don't live there anymore. Can't wait to watch the race!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    We are over here in central Illinois and way back in the mid 70's we were able to join a group of 38 friends in a fun filled chartered bus trip to the "circle city". We laughed, we drank, we got sun burnt and we slept most of the way home! I'm glad we had that priveldged trip, but we would never do that again! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Went to a Nascar race there a couple years ago. Rough area. The history of the track is awesome though. The museum in the infield is definitely worth checking out if it's your first time to the track. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Only if they string Tony George up for **** it all up
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    What time is first pitch?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    I'm only an hour away but will be working the Egg tomorrow for a barbecue. Butt, ABT's and pig candy 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Will have it on the TV but likely not give it more than a passing glance til around lap # 190.  Did make the pilgrimage in 1972 and definitely enjoyed the experience but then life got in the way and now I have no desire to mingle with 300K+ of my closest friends.  The audio is the best part of the whole thing for me now.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Yeah, I'll watch some. Most like @lousubcap, mostly towards the end.

Just got back from a cross country Amtrak journey to Portland, OR. There were 2 German guys who were traveling the US on it, and the 500 via the Hoosier Capitol line was their next journey. Nice they wanted to see it.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @gdenby -  Europeans in general seem to be much more flexible in their vacations and creative as well.  Met a British couple last year in NYC on the final days of their 5 week (first visit) trip to the USA.  Husband turned 66 so they decided to fly (from London) to Chicago, rent a car and drive Route 66 to Santa Monica.  Took around month and he was glad he rented a Jeep as a Vette would never have made it with the remnants that are still out there.  
    Apologize for the partial hi-jack but a great story.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.