Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

12hrs and holding steady

Options
I took Jeepster's advice and loaded my large to right below the top of the fire ring and I am right at 12hrs @ 250deg and she is holding steady.  I recently replaced my firebox and I am not so sure that BGE didn't possibly slightly redesign the firebox.  My old one was 15yrs old.  In any case, I pulled the boneless half of my butt off at 190 and she is resting.  Based on what I can see below the platesetter, she still has a LOT of lump left.

Thanks again to the Jeepster for doing the research and sharing with us eggheads.
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    That looks fantastic.  I just want a liiiitttle bite
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    speak for yourself, I want a big bite, with slaw and a bun
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Here is a photo of what is left after 13hrs @ 250ish.  The lump burned down right to the top of the firebox, where is normally what a full load looks like for me.  I am sure I could go another 10-12hrs easily.  Thanks again Jeepster!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • SouthGaSmoker
    Options
    Here is a photo of what is left after 13hrs @ 250ish.  The lump burned down right to the top of the firebox, where is normally what a full load looks like for me.  I am sure I could go another 10-12hrs easily.  Thanks again Jeepster!
    What type of lump?
    St. Mary's, GA
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Good question.  The lower half is Ozark Oak and the portion that I burnt last night was Royal Oak.