Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Penzeys Chicago Steak seasoning

Options
StillSmoken
StillSmoken Posts: 327
Just got a free coupon for Penzeys Chicago steak seasoning!! Love this rub. My father in law introduced me to this one last year. I'm lucky and have a store near by in ATL. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot.  Just thought I share. Happy Sunday fun day egging!!
Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin

Comments

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     I have not tried the Chicago Steak yet. But we have a Penzey's in town. I try to buy all my spices there. Great selection and so fresh! Prices are fair. And I have to support them if they are to stick around long term. For baking, their vanilla extract is SO good.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Im headed to my local Penzeys store for the first time today, what are the must haves for egging?
    Jacksonville FL
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Im headed to my local Penzeys store for the first time today, what are the must haves for egging?
    Your wallet. Lol! You'll see so many spices in a Penzey store that you'll want to try, it is hard to limit your purchase.

I also use the Chicago Steak Seasoning; very good and similar to Montreal Steak Seasoning IMO. I use their granulated garlic for mixing my own seasonings, course sea salt for grinding, black peppercorns. Their fajita seasoning is also very good. So many choices.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    StillSmoken....I have a $25 certificate, too. I haven't used it yet. I almost stopped in our store (Louisville), but decided to hit Trader Joes, instead....I ran out of time to go to both....I could spend an hour in each easily !!!!

I'll try the Steak Seasoning soon.

Thanks for the post and info !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Several years ago.....first time in Penzys...I was smelling all of the spices and rubs...my stomach was flipping by the time I left......good stuff though. If you join there email list (yes you'll get a fair share of emails) you'll receive some decent monthly offers and discounts.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Dobie said:
    I really like their Bicentennial Rub.  Northwoods Seasoning is good.  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Dobie
    Options
    Thanks guys, headed that way in a bit. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Their health and heart seasoning, no salt are pretty good. Arizona Dreaming is a favourite. Think it was Brownie on this forum turned me onto English Rib Rub, all we use on prime rib. 
    If you like heat try their Berbere, makes a very exotic chicken rub - if you consider North Africa as exotic. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Dobie
    Options
    Picked up some Dizzy Pig and Victory Lane nearby also 
    Jacksonville FL
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    I like Chicago steak, the pork chop one (not sure Of the name still at work).  Also like the Rocky Mountain.  So many good ones. 
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Picked up some Dizzy Pig and Victory Lane nearby also 

Arizona Dreaming rocks.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dobie