Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SMOBOT test run #4

ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
edited May 2016 in Off Topic
well decided to try to bake some chicken tonight using my SMOBOT.  Set the temp to 350 and let it come up slowly.  Ran the bottom damper at 1/2 open like they say and let the bot do the rest.   

What I've noticed thus far: 
1 it keeps temps right on track or with in a few degrees.   
2 this thing is as simple as it gets in terms of how you use it and I absolutely love it. 
3 I wish the pit temp prob was a little longer , it would be helpful to have an extra foot or two.  

Pic of tonight's chicken. Once I was close on temp, I pulled the ps and brushed with a little honey and put some marks on it.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• reinhart36
    reinhart36 Posts: 253
    Very happy that you're enjoying smobot!  Thanks for posting about your cook.  I appreciate your comment on the pit probe lead length and will add that to my notes.

Kind regards,
    Eric

PS - if you find any type-K thermocouple with a lead as long as you like, it will work as long as it has the so-called "mini" thermocouple connector, vs. full-size.