Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table refinish

Options
Time to sand/repaint my table and had a couple quick questions - what is the most efficient method for sanding down the table?  Belt sander, orbit sander, etc.  2nd, any suggestions for sealer/paint brand to help with the outside elements.  It's been a couple years since I've refinished my table and looking for some good advice to help move the project along. 

Comments

• matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    What kind of finish is on it? If it's basically painted or has a laquer finish layer then i would get a chemical stripper and scrape that layer off. 
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • BeerBQ
    BeerBQ Posts: 119
    Options
    I believe I just used something along the lines of Minwax and just painted it on.  It was some sort of 2 in 1 sealer paint.  3-4 years ago I refinished it and recall how miserable the sanding portion was removing all the paint/grease for a fresh coat.  Lesson learned and hoping for an efficient method this go round.