Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off Topic: hand made spaghetti - fascinating!

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887

In Hong Kong, noodles are shaped by hand and before you!
Remember that if the Italians are strong "promoters", it is the Chinese who invented pasta.

This explains HOW SPAGHETTI is made by HAND? SPECTACULAR !!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Very cool.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    That's impressive! 

I've just started making my own pasta in the last couple of weeks.   I'll won't be going back to store bought.   So easy and so much better.

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    I make my own noodles, but use a Kitchenaid and its not near as much fun to watch.  That was cool!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited May 2016
    @RRP
    Ron, if I had your money, I would plant 1,000 acres of spaghetti trees ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    That was fun to watch!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Thanks for sharing. Interesting...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    And the narration is Spanish. Cool video 
  • RRP
    And the narration is Spanish. Cool video 
    I'm still confused how it kept getting smaller and smaller and doubling and doubling. I even thought maybe it was photo shopped by a very talented person. OTOH was there anything said in Spanish which I muted that revealed his magical transformation? 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    This site is getting so expensive.  What the hell does a Chinese noodle cook go for now?
  • theyolksonyou
    My limited Spanish. He says something about a Chinese man, 5 minutes and I think China garden in Hong Kong. 
  • theyolksonyou
    The title translates to handmade noodles in a Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong
  • RRP
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Ron, if I had your money, I would plant 1,000 acres of spaghetti trees ;)
    Huh? Why plant spaghetti trees? Won't money trees grow down there in your climate??? Those money trees cut out dealing with those Italian spaghetti middle men. BTW I highly recommend the Benjamin money tree species.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    @RRP each time he pulls and then folds, the noodles stretch to become thinner and longer. The dough has high ductility in a sense- it can be stretched until it becomes thinner and thinner without breaking. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.