Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggers going to Oklahoma Eggfest

Options
Senor Huevos
Senor Huevos Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Show Of Hands. Who is going to Oklahoma Eggfest?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Hey Senor-

I'm in for sure. I called the guys up there in OK to ask a couple of questions and those Okies have got this thing really organized. It sounds like it's going to be a total blast. I just moved to Dallas from Marietta, GA and now I have 2 Eggfests (Austin & OKC) I can hit only a few hours away.

Cheers, Mike
  • Unknown
    Options
    Count me in.....sounds fun.
  • Senor Huevos
    Options
    Dallas Mike,

I agree the Austin Eggfest was so great that I cannot wait until THE OKC eggfest.
    I know Chubby from Houston will be there and I am tring to get Smokin Joe from Georgia to come back over. Are you going to the Eggtoberfest??

Looking forward to seeing you in OKC
  • Senor Huevos
    Options
    Rhonda,

Were you at the Austin Eggfest? I know that Chubby in Houston is going to be there and I am trying to get Smokin Joe from Georgia to make a trip back over this way. Sandbagger in Denton will probably attend and as you can see Dallas Mike plans on making the trip.

It sounds like it will be a great time just like the Austin Eggfest!

Look forward to meeting you at OKC
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    If you are counting "maybes" you can put Spring Chicken down on your list of attendees. It all depends on how his health is by then. We have it on the calendar and sure hope we can make it.....don't know if he will be fit for cooking but he sure can join the fun...drink some Rum&Coke, and tell a lot of stories....keep your fingers crossed for us....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Senor Huevos
    Options
    That is great. It was such a pleasure meeting both of you at the Austin Eggfest.

I have been keeping the Spring Chicken in my prayers and I sure hope you can both make it to OKC - See you then.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Senor-

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make Eggtoberfest in Atlanta or not. I've been to 3 of the last 4 but I just moved from the Atlanta area to Dallas about 6 weeks ago and it will be hard to get back that quick. That's what is great about these regional events. Oklahoma and Austin are both only about 3 1/2 hours away, so I can just drive to those without taking off work. I've never cooked at Eggtoberfest before, but I think I'm going to in Oklahoma. It's about time I do somthing besides stuff my face!

Mike
  • OldWecka
    OldWecka Posts: 3
    Options
    As an Oklahoma Egghead, I hope as many of our neighbors from Texas as possible can come on up for a fun weekend. Look forward to meeting you guys and gals.

OldWecka :lol:
  • Senor Huevos
    Options
    OldWecka,

I know everyone I have talked with is very excited about getting together with other Eggers.

We look forward to meeting everyone! :cheer:
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was 8 1/2 months pregnant around the time of Austin Eggfest and couldn't go. By September, the whole family along with our new son will be ready for a short road trip up I-35. We actually live just a few miles south of the Red River, so it's less than 2 hours from Oklahoma City. Look forward to meeting everyone.