Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Vacations in Cuba

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
edited May 2016 in Off Topic
One year ago, after giving 10 years of my life to Bell Canada, I got called in a basement conference room along with another manager.  After 5 minutes of corporate bullsh*t speech, we were told by some HR rep that our department was being closed and that we and 40 of our employees were no longer needed.  We were not even allowed to go tell our staff ourselves...  Thankfully, I found temporary work right away and I received a somewhat good severance package but the job market was slow.  The contracts I had were with a federal government ministry and unless one wins a competition, there is a limit to the time one is allowed to work in a calendar year for the same ministry.  1 week before my limit was reached , I signed another contract with a different ministry.  1 day later, I got a call from the manager that interviewed me for the first job I applied on a year ago; I won the competition and obtained a permanent position with a better salary and better benefits than I had with my previous employer.

To celebrate (it was a stressful year), SWMBO booked a 12 days trip in Cuba at the Paradisus Varadero hotel.  There was an option called Royal Service but the travel agency was not recommending it.  Long story short, there was a big problem with our 1st room (no air conditioning) so we ended up getting an upgrade in the Royal Service section (I have no idea whatsoever why the travel agency was not recommending it...)

Our room with outdoor shower and jacuzzi:

Private pool:

Private Royal Service bar and restaurant: 

Pool in the regular section:

Buffet restaurant in the regular section with view on the beach:

Mandatory purchases, Vigia is going to be my rum going forward:

Comments