Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rainy day ribs...

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,500
Morning All:

It has been raining almost ALL day in the Tampa area, but that doesn't stop an Egghead from having some ribs & corn on the cob...had a slab of "St. Louis" cut spares that I cut in half...EggHatter wanted DP Mediterranean-ish on her half while I did a combo of a light sprinkle of DP Game-On first with a bit heavier coating of DP Pineapple Head...on one of the large Eggs, indirect with dome temp about 225...

The temp crept up to about 330 after almost three hours before I caught it, closed down the vents to just barely open so the temp eased back down to just under 300 by the time for them to come off...ready to eat...

sorry about the pic being a little "foggy", but the camera didn't like going from the A/C to outside...here is a better shot after bringing them in...

Fired up the other large Egg and put on the corn...brushed with butter with DP Shaking the Tree for the last 10 minutes or so...

My first plate...

That was some mighty fine eating! Just as we finished I looked down and saw the fork beside my plate and asked Kathy why she even bothered to get a fork out as it was all "finger food"

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I wish everyday could be rib day. Nice meal sir!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Another rain beater effort, Jay! I thought your lanai had a roof over that cool cooking area of yours.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SSN686

Morning Ron:

Thanks...no roof, only screening, but since I don't have to go out that often for this type cook then no big deal.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Excellent, Jay! I rarely have ribs and I don't recall ever grilling corn (I just boil it). But this could convert me! At least the corn part. =) 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SSN686

Morning Michael:

This is the ONLY way to eat corn on the cob for us...takes about 30 minutes at 350 or so...I brush it with butter (usually mixed with DP Shaking the Tree) for the last 5 to 10 minutes...it is SO GOOD!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Great looking meal for sure.  Ribs and corn was actually my first cook on the egg and now I want to do it again.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    very jealous my friend
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Good looking ribs

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Rain, ribs, corn. Perfect!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    SSN686 said:
    Morning All:

It has been raining almost ALL day in the Tampa area, but that doesn't stop an Egghead from having some ribs & corn on the cob...had a slab of "St. Louis" cut spares that I cut in half...EggHatter wanted DP Mediterranean-ish on her half while I did a combo of a light sprinkle of DP Game-On first with a bit heavier coating of DP Pineapple Head...on one of the large Eggs, indirect with dome temp about 225...

The temp crept up to about 330 after almost three hours before I caught it, closed down the vents to just barely open so the temp eased back down to just under 300 by the time for them to come off...ready to eat...

sorry about the pic being a little "foggy", but the camera didn't like going from the A/C to outside...here is a better shot after bringing them in...

Fired up the other large Egg and put on the corn...brushed with butter with DP Shaking the Tree for the last 10 minutes or so...

My first plate...

That was some mighty fine eating! Just as we finished I looked down and saw the fork beside my plate and asked Kathy why she even bothered to get a fork out as it was all "finger food"
    She knew the rule!

NO FORKS!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Nice job!  What part of Tampa are you in?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SSN686
    Morning thetrim:

Brandon (Bloomingdale area)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL