Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

duck eggs and burgers

Options
neighbor has ducks =)  sharp cheddar and brie, balsamic glaze and onions. did the eggs in an onion ring

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That looks great! I am sure it was really good. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks good from here. I was hoping the 2nd burger was mine :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that looks incredible.  I have never had a duck egg before.  How do they compare to chicken eggs?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    Man that looks incredible.  I have never had a duck egg before.  How do they compare to chicken eggs?  
    the yolk is bigger and richer, the eggs are close in size
    fukahwee maine

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    yo, fishless - I'm still trying to find quail eggs that you have touted before as well!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    RRP said:
    yo, fishless - I'm still trying to find quail eggs that you have touted before as well!
    i need to check and see if i can still get them. our market basket seems to be cutting back on some things while adding new things like that balsamic glaze i used. ive noticed lard was dropped and whole chunks of salt pork are now gone. i need to check on those eggs
    fukahwee maine

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Yumm! I'm envious. Up until 2 years ago, there was a guy at the farmer's market who had them in season, and one of the Asian markets had them a couple times a year. Now, no more. FWIW, the ones I got were about 30% larger than jumbo chicken eggs.

It looks like you cooked the egg and onion ring separate, and then placed the egg in the ring?
  • fishlessman
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Yumm! I'm envious. Up until 2 years ago, there was a guy at the farmer's market who had them in season, and one of the Asian markets had them a couple times a year. Now, no more. FWIW, the ones I got were about 30% larger than jumbo chicken eggs.

It looks like you cooked the egg and onion ring separate, and then placed the egg in the ring?
    a little spilled out of the ring but fell right off when i lifted the egg, i dropped the egg into the ring
    fukahwee maine

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks delicious!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga