Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Storm Finally Hit Austin

Options
Well, they said it was coming, and it did. It woke me up at 4:30 am with rain hitting the window of our bedroom on the second floor of the rental house. The rain got harder and I got up. Then came the lightning and thunder. Lots of it. Then I started hearing bump bump on the roof. Then BUMP BUMP. Then BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP…… 

There will be damage. My poor car in the driveway has never seen ice, much less get it dropped on her. So I’m expecting to see dents, maybe holes when it gets light. 

I’m sure there will be damage at the Eggfest site too, especially to tents and gear already set up for the Eggfest. 

But we came to cook and dammit, we’re going to cook. 

The storm has already moved east and we still have power, so I guess we’ll just wait and see… 

Spring “Rode Hard, Hit Hard And Ready To Cook Hard” Chicken 
Buda Texas USA

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Damn Leroy, hoping ya don't have dings and dents! Glad the Chickens are safe.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Were the Eggs covered?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    U may have u feathers ruffled, but u cannot keep a good chicken down. Good luck on the car, but cook on n enjoy the eggheads at the fest.

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Then BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP…… Any update on this hope all is well.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    We've had hail in San Antonio three times in the last 3 weeks.  Two of the 3 resulted in visible damage to our cars.  The cover for my gas grill got a hole ripped in it.  Our roof needs work.  There are so many car windshields/window busted that the local body shops are weeks behind.  But my uncovered BGE has no visible damage.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Sounds rough. Good luck
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    So far, so good.  I went out before daylight to check the car.  All glass is still in place and I didn't see any dents.  But there could be some there.  I'll know more in the daylight.

We're leaving shortly for the Fest Site.  

It should be hitting Spring Texas USA head-on at full force within the hour. So I suppose we'll be getting hit twice by the same storm.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Spring "Dodged Another One" Chicken"