Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Prime Brisket

Options
E-ville Egg
E-ville Egg Posts: 100
i had the wife grab one of the $2.89/lb prime briskets from Costco when she was down in suburban Detroit last week. I knew I was going to be home most of today so I figured today was as good a time as any to throw it on. Trimmed it alla Franklin and seasoned with S+P. Cooked at 275 with Cherry and wood from bourbon barrels used to age a stout from New Holland Brewery in west Michigan. This hunk of deliciousness was done in 6.5 hours. By far the fastest I've ever had a brisket done. Probed like butter at 198 so I foiled and threw it in the Yeti. Pulled it out for dinner and internal had only dropped a few degrees so I sliced and we made Z-Man sammies. If you've never had a Z-Man from Oklahoma Joe's it consists of brisket, provolone, onion rings and BBQ sauce served on a Kaiser roll. They were awesome. Even made the boy go a little crazy. 

Comments