Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mowing season = brisket season

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
Wasn't sure what I was going to cook this weekend. But after mowing my dad's lawn I checked out his freezer. And I found a nice Prime brisket. I know what I'm cooking.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Score! 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Oh yeah! Keep us updated 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just keep it on the DL.  Don't want the old man finding out.  He might get a new lawn service ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Nice, what does prime go for per pound in your parts? I'm going to Dallas over the summer so I intend bring back a few prime briskets.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Sounds like it's free. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Cows eat grass, people that mow grass eat cows.
    Circle of life. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Dad comes through all the time!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I love still having a key to the parents house.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Nice, what does prime go for per pound in your parts? I'm going to Dallas over the summer so I intend bring back a few prime briskets.
    Goes for about 7 minutes mowing per pound.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Apparently I'm doing this wrong. My FIL mows my yard and I feed him. He snagged some sausage off the cutting board tonight. 

Of course they eat out nearly every night so in his freezer I might find some corn or something. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I guess Jeep won't be posting any brisket threads soon :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed the pasty out of the freezer ... noticed you asked your mother (always a soft touch) and not me.  As to the brisket ... don't even think about it.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Just keep it on the DL.  Don't want the old man finding out.  He might get a new lawn service ;)
    My two cents, if you invite him for the dinner you are even!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Goes for about 7 minutes mowing per pound.
    Well the good thing is your image was high quality enough that I can see the price was $33.26, looks like maybe 2.79 per lb or 2.29? At 2.79 that would only be a 12 lber, sure looks bigger than that, either way a heck of a lot cheaper than here in FL.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Tom Hanks Forrest Gump GIF - TomHanks ForrestGump Wave - Discover
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options