Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Repair or Rebuild ? which would you do ?

Options
Hello all :-)
  As of right now I have a functioning XL , with a cracked base , a chipped Dome , and a starter crack in the fire box.  I also have , new in the box , Dome , Base , and fire Box.
  I am thinking about just buying a new Fire Ring , Bands , nest , and mates and waiting for the death throws from my current XL ,and starting over and new , rather than replace parts at this time.
  Haven't priced anything yet , but i figure it can't cost that much for new hardware and such....What does the forum think ? :-)

More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

That's what I'd do.

Phoenix 
  • Huntnfish72
    Options
    Watch you tube on  repairing a ceramic grill.   Then you'd have two
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Not sure what you are really asking. Did you buy that broken XL new so it is still under warranty? I'm assuming so since you have all those replacement parts on hand. So once again - what is your question?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    RRP said:
    Not sure what you are really asking. Did you buy that broken XL new so it is still under warranty? I'm assuming so since you have all those replacement parts on hand. So once again - what is your question?
     Not so much a question , but sort of a poll.  Just wondering if it would be less headache and hassle to build a new Egg , rather than rebuilding the broken one .  
    More meat please !! :-)