Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

May the Buffalo never roam in Dixie.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
edited April 2016 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I posted a small tune up cook and the buffalo struck it both swiftly and and violently. I feel that it may have been the deep fried mushrooms that caused him to run amuck. To test this theory, I'm reposting yesterday's small cook along with today's meager meal to see if he strikes again. If he does, then we know for certain not to post deep fried mushrooms ;)
Yesterdays grub:
T-Bone, lamb chops and a few mushrooms stuffed with sausage for the appetizer. 

For the main course, a butterflied pork chop stuffed with crab dip, a few chicken thighs stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and topped with jalepenos, and a few jalepenos stuffed with crab dip. 

What meal would be complete without something deep fried? As such, a few fried mushrooms.  

Yesterday's finale. 

Todays grub. Another stuffed pork chop and a stuffed tenderloin wrapped in bacon.

On the BGE. 

I figured while I had the crab dip out, I would stuff a few spuds too. 

Cheese oozing out. 

Crab dip!!

Todays finale. French Fries, fried mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed peppers, stuffed potatoes, stuffed pork chop and a stuffed tenderloin. 

I hope that y'all enjoy this small tune up cook my friends. I hope to be cooking large again real soon. As always, may the Thunder Gods keep you forever in their good grace, and the buffalo pass you quietly bye. Thanks for looking my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Tune up. LOL. Give yourself a Seal of Approval. Or a Buffalo of Approval as necessary. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Looks good to me... But then, I'm no buffalo 
  • SGH
    Options
    Or a Buffalo of Approval 
    I'm curious as to the buffalos thoughts. He seems to hate fried mushrooms ;)
    On a serious note, thank you brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    As usual a cook beyond my comprehension. I'm getting there but a few too many cooks like that and I'd be 500 lbs. 
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!! If that is a tuneup I can't wait for the main event. That is a great cook, in the style of Dixie of course. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Anybody remember the deputy's name on "Dukes of Hazzard"?
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    Options
    Anybody remember the deputy's name on "Dukes of Hazzard"?
    Enus??? =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby, the buffalo has brought it to my attention that all would have been well if I would have used the nomenclature "orifice" instead. But in my humble opinion, orifice is kind of vague and open to ones own interpretation thereof. But as said before, I'm no buffalo.  

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Food looks awesome as usual.  

Shoulda named yesterday's thread "Right as Rain" or maybe borrow from Paul Harvey and named it "And Now, The Rest of the Story..."  It might have kept the buffalo at bay, but then again he's crafty & resourceful.
    Flint, Michigan
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I think that I remember seeing that thread.  What was the title again?

Options
    You could have kept the buffalo at bay by using the code word Pig Calamari. 
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Scottie, I hope that orifice of yours is back in tune after consumption of all that grub.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Somehow "The Ailing Orifice" doesn't have the same draw as a blog title ...

Good looking eats my friend ... those would last me for most of next week. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    @SGH   You're right, must have been those nasty shrooms.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great groceries right there-but since the buffalo only chose to sink and not completely buffalo the original, here it is in all its glory (unedited):
      Something to sooth my ailing anus 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @SGH Brother the food is outstanding as always. As for the rest, you knew you were calling the buffalo faster than deer coming for corn slung out of a deer feeder with that post. I love your humor, but you knew that was coming my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I think this thread got buffaloed last time because some folks took offense to your newfound love:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Oh lawdamercy!!!   :o
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    The Buffalo seems to dislike accurately named body parts. Or somebody got butt hurt about your butt hurting and flagged it. Tis a mystery.

I wonder which other body parts would cause the Buffalo to strike?

Weenus? Teats? Udder? Urethra? Sternocleidomastoid?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    That looks craptacular!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Was it my special handshake offer?
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    No fried Okra? I thought you were a southerner! 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
    The buffalo doesn't have a sense of humor.  Does the BBQ Brethren Forum have a buffalo?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    No fried Okra? I thought you were a southerner! 
    It's not in season. All southerners know that!  ;)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    The buffalo got all butt hurt over your previous post brother ;). Today's addition look mighty tasty!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    The buffalo doesn't have a sense of humor.  Does the BBQ Brethren Forum have a buffalo?
    Indeed it does my friend. The buffalo over at the Brethern is a little different than the buffalo here. Usually the Brethern Buffalo calls you right out immediately. He comes on your post and tells you to refrain. He also will remove your words if he doesn't like them. Usually because he is right in your face, threads don't get killed. He removes what he wants removed and gives you a warning. If you persist, he will certainly strike. In defense of the BGE Buffalo, he has let me slide with a lot. Some of the stuff I have said and did here would not have flew with the Brethern Buffalo. As you have probably noticed, I tempt our buffalo on a regular basis. He is pretty cool to tolerate it. Of course I do it all in fun. But the Brethern Buffalo wouldn't stand for it. Thus, that is why I post and hang out here more than I do on any other forum. May the buffalo roam free. Just not in Dixie ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thought i left left them all in Yellowstone
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I hope this helps your ailing orifice 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA