Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket?

Options
Dixieland Delights
Dixieland Delights Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking 7 lb brisket with a 7 lb butt stacked on top. My set up from bottom to top is: inverted place setter, drip pan with vinegar, rack, brisket, bacon, stilted grill rack, butt. I put it all on at at 5 pm and am planning on holding 200-210 degrees till noonish tommorow. I cook butts all the time and I am not worried about that but I am a newbie on brisket. My question is simple...under the described circumstances, will the brisket be over done with the extended cook time?

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Dixieland Delights, it's really quite simple. Sometime after about 10 hours or so, open the dome and check the temps. When one is ready, pull it off and leave the other to cook a bit. I have had 5 butts on almost exactly the same size and they finished almost 2 hours apart (1st to 5th). But it sounds like you're about to have a feast.

• Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    Dixieland Delights,[p]19 hours seems a bit long to me. If you use the 2 hours per pound rule, 14 hours would do it. Follow Wise One's suggestion and you'll be fine. [p]Another point, 200 - 210 seems a bit low if you are referring to dome temps. A couple of weeks ago Nature Boy cautioned against these dome temps because the temp at the grate can/will be much lower. So if your dome temp is 200 - 210, the grate temp could be 170 - 180, low enough to be unsafe. That weekend I saw 50+ degree difference between the dome and grate temps.[p]Just a thought. Goodluck.