Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grillinator - grill brush

Options
GATABITES
GATABITES Posts: 1,260
There have been several discussions regarding grate maintenance. Some use foil balls, wooden scrapers, wire brush (which is frowned upon). Have you all heard about the grillinator?

Here is a link for the kickstarter with a demo video of the grill brush:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grillinator/the-ultimate-bbq-grill-cleaning-brush?token=0a2a4e82

I like the concept but it is still a wire brush. 

I wanted to get you all's opinion and if you think its worth the coin? 
XL BGE 
Joe JR 
Baltimore, MD

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Not for me.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • GATABITES
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Not for me.
    what do you use to clean your grate? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Looks decent.  Had an issue with a Weber OTG I got for my b-day that was mangled on shipment.  It went all the way up to the guy who is second in command(VP) at Weber.  He sent me a Weber grill brush with replacement heads, and a Weber IR therm for my troubles.  

The Weber grill brush is alot like the one posted.  Hefty, has slots on the end to scrape.  I like it.  So far, the bristles have held up just fine.  I don't worry about ingesting, keep my grids in pretty good shape, clean, oiled...guess that's the CI nut in me.  

I found a bunch of heads on clearance at my local hardware store $7 for two.  I won't have to worry about buying a grill brush for a long time.  Used to buy the Weber triangular ones every couple of seasons.  Would burn the gunk out and clean them up until the bristles shorten up with use to where it needs replaced.  

I have a Billybar too, kind of a pita to clean a grid with it.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited April 2016
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    Hotch said:
    Not for me.
      @GATABITES I use the BGE Scrub Brush. Have had to damn many of the wires come loose on the other types. Nice to be able to change out only the scrubber and not the whole thing!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • GATABITES
    Options
    Hotch said:
    GATABITES said:
    Hotch said:
    Not for me.
      @GATABITES I use the BGE Scrub Brush. Have had to damn many of the wires come loose on the other types. Nice to be able to change out only the scrubber and not the whole thing!

I have the same one but the scrubber head it a little brittle. It is definitely safer than the wire brush. I may need to revisit this brush that's just sitting in my egg table. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD