Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen...after many, many years of loyal service

Options
Thermapen...after many, many years of loyal service, my very first, original gray Thermapen is gone.
No, I'm sure, where ever it is, it still works.lol 
I just can't find it. I do have 2 of the newer models. Not the the newest backlit versions but newer. I also have a couple of the "pops". Even with the newer models I still always grabbed the old gray Themapen. I just always knew it would be spot on.
I know...bla...bla...bla...but it was always a reminder past cooks, holidays and many, many Eggfests.
I guess I better go through the closets and start checking jacket pockets, suite cases, back packs and such...I'm sure it will turn up after I stop looking for it.lol
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Hope it turns up Darian.  I reach for my old red(Gen 1) over the yeller (Gen 2), for the same reasons.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'm calling egg thief. The same guy has my small platesetter
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Its a sad day.....but just imagine one day when you least expect it, it shows up exactly where you left it......and it will be a day of joy! I myself am waiting (over a year now) to find where I left my insulated growler sleeve with the shoulder strap. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I "lost" my thermapen when I sent it back to college with my son and a load of goodies from the BGE.  Of course, I had no recollection of including it with the groceries-something about "over-served" at the time.  I called him after the local search turned up nothing.  He went into a zip loc of Q'd chix and there it was.  You never know.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Its a sad day.....but just imagine one day when you least expect it, it shows up exactly where you left it......and it will be a day of joy! I myself am waiting (over a year now) to find where I left my insulated growler sleeve with the shoulder strap. 
    If I could just remember how many beers I had when I lost it...I could go back in time and remember where I stashed it for safe keeping. Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Did you have it at Salado?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Did you have it at Salado?
    Yes, had it in Salado. Used it cooking steaks with the kids at the after party. Just don't know where I stashed it or packed it for the trip home.
    It will turn up someday.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Mine is gray, gray is the fastest, gray is the best...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    I am sure you have called the Inn.  I dont remember seeing it sat nite on the porch could have slipped off the rail though.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Don't worry, it will turn up. It's always in the last place you look.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    The only sure fire way to find it is to buy a new MK4 replacement.  You will find the old one within 2 days of getting the new one dirty.   
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Photo Egg
    Options
    I am sure you have called the Inn.  I dont remember seeing it sat nite on the porch could have slipped off the rail though.  
    Thanks Joan. I'm pretty sure I did not leave it at the Inn. I bet it is tucked away with something I packed for the drive home.lol
    Are you bringing the youngsters to Athens?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options

HeavyG said:
    Don't worry, it will turn up. It's always in the last place you look.
    With me, it's normally at the first place looked, but not well enough to find it the first time. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's probably in the same place all my expensive pocket knives end up -- wish I knew where that place was.
    Options
    It's probably in the same place all my expensive pocket knives end up -- wish I knew where that place was.
    i stopped losing mine when i stopped ordering delivered pizzas, pretty sure its the pizza guys fault
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks Joan. I'm pretty sure I did not leave it at the Inn. I bet it is tucked away with something I packed for the drive home.lol
    No, the kids won't be at Athens...Games darn it!!!.Alex has baseball and Maddie has soccer going.   Your back has been saved, at lest for this Fest.

Thought I had lost one of my Thermapens at the Jefferson fest (2015), found it in the knife bag before Salado fest (2016)...Maybe you will not be sans your Thermapen that long.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    No, the kids won't be at Athens...Games darn it!!!.Alex has baseball and Maddie has soccer going.   Your back has been saved, at lest for this Fest.

Thought I had lost one of my Thermapens at the Jefferson fest (2015), found it in the knife bag before Salado fest (2016)...Maybe you will not be sans your Thermapen that long.
    Thanks Joan.
    Sorry to hear about the kids. Had a great time with them but did not want them to know.lol
    See you in Athens.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas