Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very thin t-bones and CI on the Mini-Max ( plus onions)

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
A few says ago @smokesniffer ask about thin steaks in his post about smash burgers. I love this and brought out the CI and a couple of t-bones. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Wow that looks awesome.. Great looking meal.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Love a nice thin Tbone on a Saturday morning with hashbrowns and sunnyside up eggs.....and a bloody mary of course as my fruit.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Love a nice thin Tbone on a Saturday morning with hashbrowns and sunnyside up eggs.....and a bloody mary of course as my fruit.
    A good breakfast steak is a great way to start the day.
    I've recently tried to get into bloody mary's. I have found out that they are not really my taste. I ordered the Demitri's Chilies & Peppers Bloody Mary Seasoning Mix from Amazon. It was highly reviewed. I didn't care for it at all. To me it tasted like spicy crab boil. I did make it with Clamato juice.

Do you have bloody mary recipe that you like?
  • CodyA88
    CodyA88 Posts: 143
    Options
    looks delicious!  I'm hungry
    LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • morrobayrich
    Options
    How can anyone put "very thin" and "t-bones" in the same sentence?
    Morro Bay, CA
  • Mickey
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How can anyone put "very thin" and "t-bones" in the same sentence?
    First try it, very tasty. Note they are really thin porterhouse.  
    Been to Morro Bay 3 times in the past two summers and love it. But never overnight.
    would you recommend hotel?

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Great looking cook and North GA **** I like your style. 
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub Mic. But I would like to point out that a man of your money should be cooking at least 2 pounders =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    That looks great, Mickey! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    Great looking grub Mic. But I would like to point out that a man of your money should be cooking at least 2 pounders =)
    Do not be slightly pudgy and ever marry an RN! 46 years and never let up. 

• Mickey
    edited March 2016
    Options

SGH said:
    Do not be slightly pudgy and ever marry an RN! 46 years and never let up. 
    On the $$$ thing. You have me confused with Nola. I was just a car pimp.

• morrobayrich
    Options
    Micky, Sorry but have never have stayed in motel in Morro Bay but we stick with Best Western and there is one here.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mickey said:
    On the $$$ thing. You have me confused with Nola. I was just a car pimp.
    I hear ya brother ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Options
    Micky, Sorry but have never have stayed in motel in Morro Bay but we stick with Best Western and there is one here.
    Thanks. Will look at it

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    GregW said:
    I've recently tried to get into bloody mary's. I have found out that they are not really my taste. I ordered the Demitri's Chilies & Peppers Bloody Mary Seasoning Mix from Amazon. It was highly reviewed. I didn't care for it at all. To me it tasted like spicy crab boil. I did make it with Clamato juice.

Have you tried Zing Zang?  I would say it is one of the best commerialized mixes out there. To me it has that the tradtional bloody flavor. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Mickey
    Options
    ++1 for Zing Zang

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    GregW said:

Have you tried Zing Zang?  I would say it is one of the best commerialized mixes out there. To me it has that the tradtional bloody flavor. 
    What do you prefer for the tomato juice? regular tomato or the clamato? if you like regular tomato, is the Campbells ok?

Thanks
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    All these MM cooks.... Mines coming soon

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    I'd love to have a cast iron piece like that but I'm going to guess its an old one?
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Mickey
    beautiful cook and chic 3-dimensional plate you have there
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    @Mickey. Thanks for the post. That looks great, love the idea of a breakfast steak. Will try this for sure. Thanks again. =)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Where's my plate? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    @ caliking, I've got it  ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Mickey
    Options
    leemschu said:
    I'd love to have a cast iron piece like that but I'm going to guess its an old one?
    Not at all. I cut the handle off so it would fit.