Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caribeque!

Options
byrne092
byrne092 Posts: 746
edited March 2016 in EggHead Forum
I have a few ideas of my own, but was curious if the experts had some thoughts on how to break in the new seasonings?! @Dyal_SC @Nuke1855
XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Those look fun. Start cooking something and show us!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Very versatile and tasty!  I like those a lot.  A little goes a long way in my opinion too.  The Jamaican jerk is great on shrimp, chicken and Mahi Mahi.   The island thyme is great on chicken, shrimp, veggies, pork and Lowcountry boil.  The others are tasty on chicken, beef and pork.  Made some taco soup with the spicy calypso kick the other day and it was awesome.  
  • Nuke1855
    Nuke1855 Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi @byrne092 super glad you received the seasonings!  1) A little dab will.do ya. No fillers and all natural seasonings.  2) The Calypso is a season all good on everything.  The Calypso Kick is a smoked habanerno spicy version of Calypso.  Island Thyme is a savory blend of sage, rosemary, thyme and majorym,  really good on fish, poultry,  veggies , potatoes , pork etc.  The Jerk is amazing on most anything that you want to give that Jerk flavor to, I've do everything salmon, chicken, pork, all seafood, last week I tried on beef not bad. Finally the lemon garlic is an amazing seafood seasoning and great on veggies , chicken and potatoes as well. Add a tad after your Cook as well. Enjoy brother and thano you for guiding our brother in the bond @Dyal_SC B)

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• byrne092
    Options
    Cool cool, thanks for the info fellas! Versatility is always nice.  I was thinking of just getting an idea of the flavors by putting them on some wings. My other ideas are shrimp wontons, jerk chicken dip, and then some sort of fish tacos. Excited to try them out! Good too know that you don't need to be heavy handed. Food to follow at some point. Thanks again!

St. Louis, MO
  • byrne092
    Options
    Waiting on some island wings. Used all 4 to get a good taste test, all the seasonings smell amazing. 

St. Louis, MO
  • Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    Waiting for the final verdict!
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • byrne092
    Options
    Snapped a quick picture before they got demolished. They were all really good. Island thyme was probably our favorite. Can't wait to use them! Awesome stuff @Nuke1855 !! 

St. Louis, MO
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Those look phenomenal!!!!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've used the island thyme in pasta sauce for my kid and he loves it.  He also likes the calypso kick in his Mac n cheese. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Nuke1855
    Options
    Nice !! Love the red stripe touch ! @byrne092 try Jerk Wings also my man ! Seriously the stuff goes on most anything . My daughter adds Calypso to fries lol. Thanks for your support @caliking @byrne092 @Dyal_SC

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• byrne092
    Options
    I like both those ideas @caliking! I even put some calypso kick on eggs this morning along with a little bit of this hot sauce. 

@Nuke1855 yeah I tried all 4 on the wings last night, jerk flavor was really nice. I am going to use it today along with some marinade for a take on jerk chicken salad. I'll keep you posted!

St. Louis, MO
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Hadn't opened this thread as I thought it was about a car on fire. Those look killa. Enjoy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • byrne092
    Options
    Shrimp cups! Shrimp coated in island thyme, grilled, cooled, chopped, and mixed with avocado, red onion, jalepeno, tomato, and some lime juice. 

St. Louis, MO
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Everything looks amazing including those cups. Gotta ask about the sticks in the wings? Is that just to make it easier to flip? 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• byrne092
    Options
    Everything looks amazing including those cups. Gotta ask about the sticks in the wings? Is that just to make it easier to flip? 
    Thanks!
    Haha no, it was so I didn't have to remember which seasoning was on each wing. 

St. Louis, MO
  • byrne092
    Options
    Jerk marinated chicken on for the 'jerk chicken salad'. Used a little pecan and peach wood. Can't wait!

St. Louis, MO
  • byrne092
    Options
    Chickens done! Lookin good. 

St. Louis, MO
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Yessir!!!  Everything looks awesome.  :flushed: 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    The foods looks great and glad to see the Red Stripe!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • byrne092
    Options
    Andddd done. Really really good, healthy and easy. 

Mixed the chicken with mango, red onion, scallions, red and orange bell peppers (some raw and some charred), serrano, jalepenos, lime juice,  sprinkled some more jerk seasoning, and topped with some cilantro. Perfect summer meal, which we got a little taste of today. Thanks for looking and once again hats off to @Nuke1855 for some killer rubs!

St. Louis, MO
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    YAAAASSSS!!!   =)  Looks AMAZING!!!  I am in no way affiliated with the Caribeque company, but his seasonings are some of the best I've ever had.  You did them justice from the looks of all your pictures.  :flushed:  They are definitely "different" than your ordinary meat "rubs"... but are phenomenal if you're looking to switch it up from the monotony of traditional grilled meats.  @byrne092 , definitely give the lemon garlic seasoning a go.  It is my favorite whole roasted chicken seasoning by far.  Again, I ain't affiliated with the company.  Lol.  Just a fan.   B)
  • byrne092
    Options
    Thanks @Dyal_SCMy thoughts exactly on switching it up. I'll have to pick the lemon garlic up sometime. 

St. Louis, MO
  • Nuke1855
    Options
    Wow !!!! @byrne092  brother , THANK YOU , you have taken our seasonings to a whole new level
    do you mind sharing these recipes and photos with me directly?  It would be my honor to feature these cooks on our website ! Great job my man.
     B)  =) You can email me  at info@Caribeque.com

www.biggreenegglife.com

• Nuke1855
    Options
    Thanks @Dyal_SC B)

www.biggreenegglife.com

• Nuke1855
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    Andddd done. Really really good, healthy and easy. 

Mixed the chicken with mango, red onion, scallions, red and orange bell peppers (some raw and some charred), serrano, jalepenos, lime juice,  sprinkled some more jerk seasoning, and topped with some cilantro. Perfect summer meal, which we got a little taste of today. Thanks for looking and once again hats off to @Nuke1855 for some killer rubs!

Thank you brother for the compliment on my seasonings.  Stand by for the RUBINS line I'm working on. 

www.biggreenegglife.com

• byrne092
    Options
    Nuke1855 said:
    Wow !!!! @byrne092  brother , THANK YOU , you have taken our seasonings to a whole new level
    do you mind sharing these recipes and photos with me directly?  It would be my honor to feature these cooks on our website ! Great job my man.
     B)  =) You can email me  at info@Caribeque.com
    No problem. I'll hit you up you soon!

St. Louis, MO