Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast variety.

Options
One of the things I have talked about that I believe is helping me stick with the low carb thing is variety. Here are a couple of very tasty breakfast meals. Deprivation has never worked, variety and keeping things tasty and interesting helps me to not get sidetracked by the temptation of pancakes, biscuits and gravy, hasbrowns, pastries...all those carb high options that I have to avoid.

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Eggs and meat are always good.  I never thought much about the eggs I buy, but recently we did try pasture raised eggs and I will never go back to regular eggs.  They're certainly more expensive at ~$8/18, but the yolks are larger, yellower, better tasting, they cook up better, just better.  Expensive for eggs, but eggs are cheap.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Good looking breakfasts..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    My wife made a breakfast skillet for dinner last night and it was wonderful.  Jimmy Dean maple sausage (has less than 1 carb even though it tastes sweet), onions, mushrooms, spinach,herb butter, 13 eggs, sharp cheddar. 
    • Preheat oven to 350-375
    • In a big skillet on the stove, brown sausage.  When it is almost done add onions and mushrooms.
    • Add herb butter with veggies
    • Cook until veggies are softened. 
    • Add spinach and wilt slightly.
    • Add eggs and allow to cook on burner for a minute or so.
    • Move to oven. 
    • When eggs are set, add a lb or two of cheese on top.
    • Remove when cheese is melted.  Sprinkle some of your favorite rub (I used a good chili powder) and slice like pizza and dig in. 
    I want to try this on the egg next time.  Start out direct for the "stove top" and then put the plate setter legs down on the grid with the skillet on top to move it to "the oven". 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    That skillet meal sounds good. Thanks for the recipe.