Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Terrorists Suck!

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    +1 on terrorists suck
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Yep. And my oldest son is in NYC headed to DC on a school trip. Guess he'll get to experience heightened security measures along with the hustle of the big city. 

Needless to say, the mommas are not happy. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Awful.  Just... awful.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    You have to wonder where they keep finding these idiots who can be so brain washed to become suicide bombers in the name of their religion.   
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Bad people suck.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Yep, and we are going to Germany and Denmark in May. But screw them, I am not going to fear them so much that I stay home and cower. Careful yes, paranoid..no. +4 or so on terrorists suck, by the way.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Their objective is to change what you do to avoid being impacted. Go forward with your life as you normally would or else they are winning. Never let them win.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    (::()::)  (:|

With the Paris attacker taken alive, I suppose others knew their time was coming too, and so they did their worst while they could. Given a few more months, what they might have done would have been even worse.

Not that that makes things any better.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    One of the doctoral students in my lab is Belgian, and I think he has family in Brussels.  It'll be interesting to talk to him this afternoon.  
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm afraid this is just the tip of the iceberg.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    evie1370 said:
    Yep, and we are going to Germany and Denmark in May. But screw them, I am not going to fear them so much that I stay home and cower. Careful yes, paranoid..no. +4 or so on terrorists suck, by the way.
    We are going to Paris in two days, followed by cruise out of Barcelona, then Amsterdam before returning home... all hot spots in EU!
    canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    evie1370 said:
    We are going to Paris in two days, followed by cruise out of Barcelona, then Amsterdam before returning home... all hot spots in EU!
    It will probably be the safest it's been in months with all this crap going on 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    evie1370 said:
    It will probably be one of safest times to be over there with all this garbage.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Here's an idea:  How about we quit pussyfooting around and kick the terrorists' a$$?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    evie1370 said:
    Nice, we're heading to Paris in three days.  Staying there for a week though, not moving around nearly as much.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Political rants followed by the Buffalo in 3...2...1
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Acn said:
    Nice, we're heading to Paris in three days.  Staying there for a week though, not moving around nearly as much.
    Safe travels.
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Options
    Acn said:
    Safe travels.
    Same to you!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    You have to wonder where they keep finding these idiots who can be so brain washed to become suicide bombers in the name of their religion.   
    Ron, I would love to add a note to the above verse. But I feel that it would only entice the buffalo. Thus, I slink quietly away............. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    It's a timing thing John, what Fred really means is do this kind thing when there is a president he likes in office.
  • Acn
    Options
    Legume said:
    It's a timing thing John, what Fred really means is do this kind thing when there is a president he likes in office.
    To say nothing of quoting the NY Times.  If this 'Omar the Chechen' even exists, he's certainly no more than senior dishwasher.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Here's an idea:  How about we quit pussyfooting around and kick the terrorists' a$$?
    Dang right. We're pussyfooting around when should be carpet bombing Belgium
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Dang right. We're pussyfooting around when should be carpet bombing Belgium
    How about at least not releasing terrorists from Gitmo so they can return to the battlefield?
    Flint, Michigan
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Heard a quote today that we are fighting WWIII, agreed. Don't kid yourself, these guys want to kill us, our way of life and start the apocalypse. Too bad our "leaders" can't even say the words "muslim extremists".

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Sadly, it will not get any better.  Look at the ISIS "killed" data over the past year, they don't have any inventory problem.
    Started with an assumption of around 20k fighters in the late summer of 2014, killed around 20k fighters in 2015; have around 20-25k fighters today.  Regardless of the complete accuracy the trend is there.  
    If it were easy, it would have been done already.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This incident did expose the "security theatre" around airports as somehow keeping us more safe.  People congregate in security and baggage lines, and since checkpoints aren't set up around the entire airport, there's nothing preventing a terrorist attack from taking place inside of the airport itself (just on the other side of security).  

Perhaps not surprisingly, some of the usual clowns are now proposing we simply push the security envelope outwards, and set up a perimeter around the airport.  Then security looks through your car before you're allowed to enter the airport and park.  What could go wrong?  

Freedumb.  
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    We need to fight to win.  Rules of engagement have been way too tight since day 1 post 9-11.  By both Bush and Obama regimes.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm not a proponent for the airport perimeter idea but it would work. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA