Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide Big Green Egg Seared Tri-Tip Made Into A Fajita Wrap

Options

Sous Vide Big Green Egg Seared Tri-Tip Made Into A Fajita Wrap

We had some leftovers from the wonderful Tri-Tip I cooked a couple of days ago using the Sous Vide method, combined with a final sear on the Egg. My Sweetie had an idea - Make a fajita wrap with it on the Blackstone Grill. It worked beautifully. Here's the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hxaa5EeEy4

Spring "Tri-Tip Leftover King For The Moment" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Brother Chicken, I wish I could've joined you for that!  Looks delicious!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    you are from Texas, sir. It's a fajita. A fajita "wrap" would be served in a TGI Fridays in an airport in Davenport IA or some-such place. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bgebrent
    Options
    So you can't  wrap them brother Tex?  

fajita (/fəˈhiːtə/Spanish: [faˈxita] ( listen)) is a term found in Tex-Mex cuisine,[2] commonly referring to any grilledmeat usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited March 2016
    Options
    we just call them fajitas. I only see them called fajita wraps in places that I would not eat one. Just ribbing The Chicken a little...oh wait. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    we just call them fajitas. I only see them called fajita wraps in places that I would not eat one. Just ribbing The Chicken a little...oh wait. 
    Just ribbing you brother Cen-Tex  ;)
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited March 2016
    Options
    And the funny part is "fajita" is the actual cut of beef (skirt steak) en espanol. so when you order a chicken fajita...

But that's just the way we do. If it's grilled and in a tortilla, it's a fajita.

• bgebrent
    Options
    And the funny part is "fajita" is the actual cut of beef (skirt steak) en espanol. so when you order a chicken fajita...

But that's just the way we do. If it's grilled and in a tortilla, it's a fajita.

Skirt steak for me man, full on.  The chicken however works as you know.  With you 100%.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Skirt steak for me man, full on.  The chicken however works as you know.  With you 100%.
    I like em all. kill it, grill it, throw it on a tortilla. I eat tacos of some sort every day. Mostly breakfast but sometimes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

I like em all. kill it, grill it, throw it on a tortilla. I eat tacos of some sort every day. Mostly breakfast but sometimes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 
    Awaiting the invitation!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Awaiting the invitation!
    any time my friend. I didn't get looking like this by eating Kale and sipping tea all the time.

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Awaiting the invitation!
    any time my friend. I didn't get looking like this by eating Kale and sipping tea all the time.

Kale and tea are overrated.  What ever happened to wings and bourbon?  I hope one day we can cross paths and break bread brother!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Awaiting the invitation!

Kale and tea are overrated.  What ever happened to wings and bourbon?  I hope one day we can cross paths and break bread brother!
    Agreed and agreed. And Agreed!

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Awaiting the invitation!

Agreed and agreed. And Agreed!

Brother Cen-Tex, I'm in the Atlanta area, if ever you find yourself and your's in this neck of the woods then know you have a place to stay.  And teach a fellow egger some stuff.  Welcome anytime brother.