Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the front to back dimension of the XL Table Nest? (See image.)

I'm looking at stainless steel tables I might be able to customize for my XL egg, but the lower shelf on the table I found is only 24" deep... I feel like that might not be deep enough. What is the X dimension shown in the attached image?

XL Big Green Egg  |  Weber Summit 670  |  Meat

Comments

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Why do you need nest on stainless? 
  • elef3u
    elef3u Posts: 12
    Tspud1 said:
    Why do you need nest on stainless? 
    I technically don't need it, since the stainless won't burn. But, it looks good, and it will be easier to put a tray or bowl under the egg to remove ash with the egg raised up on the table nest.

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    I just measured my XL nest and shelf  for you.  My shelf is 19.5 inches front to back and the tiles shown are the same.  It fits perfect, so your 24 inch shelf will have plenty of room.

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • elef3u
    elef3u Posts: 12
    Sonny3 said:
    I just measured my XL nest and shelf  for you.  My shelf is 19.5 inches front to back and the tiles shown are the same.  It fits perfect, so your 24 inch shelf will have plenty of room.

You're the man. Thank you!