Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for the first time

Options
dmack
dmack Posts: 56
Cooked pizza tonight on the BGE for the first time. Went well. I used the BGE stone and used indirect heat. Key is plenty of corn meal so it does not stick and easy to remove from the stone. 

Dmcak.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Good looking pie brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dmack
    Options
    Thank you, I had some trouble with the second one as you can see. I did not make my own pizza dough. I hope to do that in the future instead of store bought doe. But it turned out pretty good.
    Dmcak.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Don't feel bad brother. For all that I can cook, I bomb at pizza. Yours looks great to me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    looks fantastic, maybe your first pizza in a bge, but I can tell you are a pizza pro!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Looks great. One of these days I'm gonna have to try making pizza.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I think more than anything on this site, there have been more disaster stories with first pizza attempts (second and third attempts in some cases) than just about anything else I can think of. You should be proud of those.
    Stillwater, MN
  • ar15203
    ar15203 Posts: 86
    Options
    Looks good 
    XLBGE, Egging in NH
  • dmack
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    Looks great. One of these days I'm gonna have to try making pizza.
    It does taste better. The crust is just like a Fire brick pizza would taste. I would highly suggest getting a baking stone and doing it.
    Dmcak.