Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just some simple grub. Done in the style of Dixie.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
The past 3 days has been real rainy and windy and I haven't been able to get out much and cook. Today I bit the bullet and fired the BGE up, weather be darned. I chose things that I could cook real fast.  
I started with some mushrooms that I stuffed last night and let sit in the fridge over night to set up. The stuffing is nothing fancy. Lump blue crab meat and Jimmy Dean hot sausage. 

Last night while doing the shroons, I went ahead and did the first cook on some twice baked potatoes. I kept them simple as well. Simply stir in some Jimmy Dean hot, some broken up bacon, cheddar cheese and parsley.  

For the wings, I thought I would go atomic. I like my wings like I like my women. Real F'ing hot. A simple overnight marinade in liquid crab boil and pepper flakes. 

The cook:

Thought why not and threw on a few sausage for good measure. 

Various shots of the cook. 

All done. 

This small, rainy day meal turned out pretty good. The chicken wings were fireball hot. But that was the goal. I hope that y'all enjoy this simple, rainy day meal done in the style of Dixie. Thanks for looking my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments