Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT? The buffalo is cruising the forum today (3/12)-

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,385
@henapple's Friday Night Fights thread has gone the way of the buffalo.  Too bad as there were some enlightening observations within.  But even the buffalo recognizes ABC ;)
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It's just his nature to run amuck. It's what he does my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    How does one run a Muck???
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    What was the threads topic?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @henapple's Friday Night Fights thread has gone the way of the buffalo.  Too bad as there were some enlightening observations within.  But even the buffalo recognizes ABC ;)
    Enlightening observations????

All I saw were the usual remarks from the usual commenters.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    My only suggestion would be to embrace "ABC."
    (Anybody But Clinton).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    (Anybody But Clinton).  
    Good luck with that.  You are in for a major disappointment.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    (Anybody But Clinton).  
    JIC, there is always hope. Without hope all is lost. If Hillary wins, all is lost any way. Maybe we will get lucky and she will die soon. Do America a real favor if you will. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    I wish that the Justice Department would roll in but the odds of that are too close to zero to matter.  I honestly cannot understand how anyone can even consider her for any public office-she has no integrity and personal gain is the only truth she knows.  I have never despised a politician as I do her.  The true definition of a bit--.  
    @JohnInCarolina - my disappointment will pale in comparison to the disaster the country will be subjected to should she get her "Get out of jail free" pass.  Hang on to your a$$.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    lousubcap said:

@JohnInCarolina - my disappointment will pale in comparison to the disaster the country will be subjected to should she get her "Get out of jail free" pass.  Hang on to your a$$.
    Yeah.  I heard the same thing after W was re-elected.  And then again after Obama was re-elected, just from different people.

Somehow the country has survived. We'll be OK.  I think people have a tendency to vastly overestimate Presidential influence - positively and negatively - on the health of the country.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    (Anybody But Clinton).  
    JIC, there is always hope. Without hope all is lost. If Hillary wins, all is lost any way. Maybe we will get lucky and she will die soon. Do America a real favor if you will. 
    On the bright side, if she does win, it will be the first time 2 presidents have slept together
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • HeavyG
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    (Anybody But Clinton).  
    On the bright side, if she does win, it will be the first time 2 presidents have slept together
    Are you sure?

I heard Jefferson and James Madison were particularly life long "close friends" and liked to party.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    I recognize that our gubmint system makes change intentionally difficult unless you use executive orders,  and  those are only on the margins.  
    FWIW-The bit-- owns the lowest character descriptions that I have ever heard describe any candidate R or D.  Integrity has to stand for something or perhaps those days are long gone.  She may have adapted to the "It's all about me" more quickly than the rest of us.  Regardless, she is a friggin snake...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    (Anybody But Clinton).  
    Are you sure?

I heard Jefferson and James Madison were particularly life long "close friends" and liked to party.
    ...and I'm not sure those two have slept together since one of them was Prez... ;)  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    Options
    In case you missed it-"She is  the ultimate bit-- ( she would have better defined the term than any Webster's or Oxford world-wide search could have  come up with) and deserves every character cut relegated to snake/low-life/scum within the English language.  The level of disdain I have for her is unmatched in my life-time and that spans 6 decades plus. Dam- her.  
  • SGH
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The level of disdain I have for her is unmatched 
    I feel your pain brother Cap. I hate her and all liberals with everything in me. If I found a magic lamp tomorrow, one of my 3 wishes would be that all liberals vanish from the face of the earth. No more high taxes, no more men in pink panties, no more rewarding hooligans. Just a good God fearing conservative nation as it should be. There is one more group out there that would be in mortal danger as well with my second wish. 

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    (Anybody But Clinton).  
    Are you sure?

...and I'm not sure those two have slept together since one of them was Prez... ;)  
    I dunno...rumour was that at Madison's Inaugural Ball both he and TJ were seen disappearing into the cloakroom together and when they came back out they realized they had each others suit coat on and had to swap them.

Madison's VP (a Clinton btw!) was seen exiting the same cloakroom a few moments later and was seen re-fastening his suspenders and his wig was on backwards.

• HeavyG
    Options

SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    I feel your pain brother Cap. I hate her and all liberals with everything in me. If I found a magic lamp tomorrow, one of my 3 wishes would be that all liberals vanish from the face of the earth. No more high taxes, no more men in pink panties, no more rewarding hooligans. Just a good God fearing conservative nation as it should be. There is one more group out there that would be in mortal danger as well with my second wish. 
    Gee...what would your other two wishes be - 1) that white men can own black people again and 2) that women can't vote??

• SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Gee...what would your other two wishes be - 1) that white men can own black people again and 2) that women can't vote??
    I can't believe that you would even suggest that. You know, picking and poking fun at each other over politics is one thing as its all meant to be humorous. But the quoted above is just disrespectful and really in poor taste. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @lousubcap
    The buffalo has struck yet again. 

Status- Standing by.

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    HeavyG said:

SGH said:
    lousubcap said:

HeavyG. you are absolutely disgusting.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Interesting and to be taken tongue in cheek thread. Us Canucks had two parties when the country was formed, the Tories and the Whigs, Republicans and Democrats if you will, now called the Conseratives and Liberal's. Our last Conservative Prime Minister made Trump look like a liberal, the current PM is much more like Obama/Clinton. Years ago, a third choice entered the picture, the far left New Democrats, kinda like Bernie Sanders. The result was the Liberal party moved more to the right and became a middle of the road party - prolly why they seem to have enjoyed power - the compromise has voter appeal.
    I think JIC summed it up saying the US will continue and all will be OK regardless of the outcome - the entertainment value of this election is the best I can ever recall.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • HeavyG
    Options
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    I can't believe that you would even suggest that. You know, picking and poking fun at each other over politics is one thing as its all meant to be humorous. But the quoted above is just disrespectful and really in poor taste. 
    I've crossed a line???

So you and some others proudly state that you wish for someone named Hillary to die. You wish all liberals to die, etc., etc., etc.

Then you wish for a return to a "God fearing conservative nation". Well it is historically accurate to say that back in the good old days God fearing Christian politicians made sure that it was the law across most of the land for decades that white men (women of any color could not own property) could own slaves (almost all of whom were black skinned). Those same God fearing Christian politicians also would not allow women the right to vote.

So when you say "a good God fearing nation as it should be" I guess you want to forget the accurate historical reality of the USA for so many years.

• SGH
    Options
    @HeavyG
    Im not even going to get into this type of argument. The only thing I will add is that you and I definitely have a different train of thought when it comes to what a God fearing nation means. As far as all liberals dying, everyone knows that I'm just stirring the pot and poking at a certain few for kicks. Nothing more. 

Status- Standing by.

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So these discussions are now being moved to Saturday night?
    New Orleans LA
  • HeavyG
    Options
    SGH said:
    @HeavyG
    Im not even going to get into this type of argument. The only thing I will add is that you and I definitely have a different train of thought when it comes to what a God fearing nation means. As far as all liberals dying, everyone knows that I'm just stirring the pot and poking at a certain few for kicks. Nothing more. 
    When someone talks about returning to a "God fearing nation" I understand that many folks prefer not to remember what that has actually meant for most of the history of the USofA.

So you "stir the pot" it's just for kicks and you get a pass. Got it.

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2016
    Options

@HeavyG  
    You musta missed the memo:
    Denial is the new Denial.
     :| 

(Just stirring the pot in a God-fearing way, you know.)
    B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I will try one more time. Myself and a few others jab and poke at each other on a message board. We do the same thing on this forum. Yes, it is just us messing with each other. Nothing more. I guess someone not in on it could mistake us for being serious. But I assure that we are not. If you have paid attention, I pick on Yeti owners as well. The irony is, I probably own more Yetis than anyone on the forum. Again, it's just for fun. And as far as the meaning of "God fearing", I'm sure it has many meanings to many folks. But for the vast majority of us it simply means doing the right and moral thing. There are millions of Christians who give more than they ask in return. There are very few other groups who can make that same claim. So when you hear the term "God fearing" take it at face value. Not what a few said it meant hundreds of years ago. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I will try one more time. Myself and a few others jab and poke at each other on a message board. We do the same thing on this forum. Yes, it is just us messing with each other. Nothing more. I guess someone not in on it could mistake us for being serious. But I assure that we are not. 

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    Options
    For the record- my above comments about the snake are my true feelings...not done in fun.  ABC-
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Sunk but not buffaloed.