Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK....Pay it forward!!! (Could sticky this if it catches on).

I'm into early, early spring cleaning, and am going thru my inventory of BGE "attachments/parts/accessories" as I find them, and doing a brutally honest reassessment of what I really need, and what is just taking up space.....things I acquired on a whim or because "I just had to have it", and really don't need them . Well, I'm starting this thread to offer the chance to have them, because I never use them. If anybody wants to follow suit, and offer things up they never use, this could be a "pay it forward" thread, and who knows what will show up!!! I would ask that if you take something, and can, offer something to somebody else!

I have two daisy wheels that I don't need. Anybody want one or both, PM me!
There will be more coming as I find them.

(ATTN Cen-TexSmoker) send me your mailing address....I have something to send you!
From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!

Comments

• Oh boy. This could go either way. Let me first apologize if I have offended you somehow/somewhere. I blame the Tito's.

With that in mind, I PM'd you my address.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    PM me your name,too!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I'll do it

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    PM sent @SRFShane
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    SRFShane said:
    I'll play.  I've got 2 SRF bone-in half hams.  I need 2 people to cook them on their eggs, and post the pictures and reviews in a post on this forum by 3/15. First two to ask for them get them.   
    I'm in.   =)
  • sweet! always wanted to try one. I'll do it real pretty :)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SRFShane said:
    Very excited!  Been eyeing those hams, especially with Easter around the corner.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Damn-better to be lucky than good any day.  Congrats to the winners and a nice move by SRF.  Better be quite the cook and documented review.  Gotta earn that ham somehow.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Damn-better to be lucky than good any day.  Congrats to the winners and a nice move by SRF.  Better be quite the cook and documented review.  Gotta earn that ham somehow.  Enjoy.
    I feel a little dirty but it's free ham so sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

• lousubcap
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    I feel a little dirty but it's free ham so sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    I wouldn't feel that way at all.  To the victor belongs the spoils.  Besides I know you will do it up right with excellent documentation.  I'll bet TFJ gets a major role with the sides.  Can't wait for the end results.  BTW March 15th could present a bit of a challenge; Salado + 3days as well as the Ides of March.  You have been alerted ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729

Dang, missed out on the ham deal.  Awesome offer though!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    lousubcap said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    I wouldn't feel that way at all.  To the victor belongs the spoils.  Besides I know you will do it up right with excellent documentation.  I'll bet TFJ gets a major role with the sides.  Can't wait for the end results.  BTW March 15th could present a bit of a challenge; Salado + 3days as well as the Ides of March.  You have been alerted ;)

Hell, you could cook it at Salado and then lots of people could taste.  If only you had more than one...(@SRFShane)
  • Great idea Tom- I'll have it posted by the 15th like he needs but I will refrigerate it and bring it to the Salado pre party so everyone can chime in on the thread. If i try to post it from Salado, just going by past experience, the images will be framed poorly and very likely out of focus.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    I will take luck any day!  Sometimes the stars align and a guy gets lucky!  Looking forward to the ham.  Been researching recipes  and drooling just thinking about it.

This was the first year I didn't order a local smoked ham for Easter.  Really excited to compare based on my past experiences.  I feel like a kid at Christmas!!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I had one over the holidays. You guys are in for a treat. 
  • warwoman
    Great idea Tom- I'll have it posted by the 15th like he needs but I will refrigerate it and bring it to the Salado pre party so everyone can chime in on the thread. If i try to post it from Salado, just going by past experience, the images will be framed poorly and very likely out of focus.

When is Salado?
  • lousubcap
    @warwoman- The oficial date is Sat March 12th.  The fun begins Fri night with the Pre- party, the acts clean up for the true fest on Sat ( for a while I am told) then the after party gets going Sat PM - Sun AM.  Those who have participated and can recall anything will be along.  Of course those numbers could be quite small.  ;)

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited March 2016
    Sorry- just saw this. The good captain is correct. Fest is this Saturday but the pre party is Friday. Post party Saturday night. The pre/post parties are what it's all about. The fest is just a placeholder to sweat out the booze in between parties. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    SRFShane said:
    I'll play.  I've got 2 SRF bone-in half hams.  I need 2 people to cook them on their eggs, and post the pictures and reviews in a post on this forum by 3/15. First two to ask for them get them.   
    Send us a banner to hang from our ez-up canopy and a few things to cook at Salado Eggfest. Win-Win
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I've got two factory cast iron fire grates for the large/ mini max. If anyone wants them. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    edited March 2016
    @Jeremiah Awesome your willing to give up a large fire grate  ;) Great thread btw. 
    Austin, Tx
  • dgordon2nc
    dgordon2nc Posts: 100
    @Jeremiah I'd love a cast iron grate for the large if still available?
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    @Jeremiah I'd love a cast iron grate for the large if still available?
    Think he is referring to fire grate. As in what holds the charcoal. Just FYI
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • warwoman
    Thanks for the answer, Cen-Tex Smoker. I am due in Texas a little later in the month, and if it would have been then, I would have dropped by! Maybe another fest!
    By the way, the thought for this thread came from a photography forum I'm on, where there is a thread where used or unneeded photography equipment (filters, lenses, even whole cameras) are offered to members. One very generous member has offered a Canon 7d in the past, and various lenses. I received a Canon EF-S 10-18 f4.5/5.6 on this site after being drawn from various others who expressed an interest. In return, I've donated various camera items I have no use for. I could sell them on Ebay, I guess, but would rather give them away to someone of like interest.
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    edited March 2016
    I need a cast iron fire grate, for a Large. That's the one with the holes in it, right? I'm sure I have something to offer. How about a half moon pizza stone looking thing?
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @Mosca pm me your address and I'll send it out. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.