Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip for dinner

Options
My wife really enjoys the tri tips so we made for one dinner tonight. Used the reverse sear method, dropped it down to 400 and pulled it around 130. 

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Looks good.  I've got to try one. My butcher says he needs to order a minimum of about 100 pounds ... guess I'll have to look someplace else.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I can almost always find them at our local Costco; try there. 
    Yum!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    newby84 said:
    My wife really enjoys the tri tips so we made for one dinner tonight. Used the reverse sear method, dropped it down to 400 and pulled it around 130. 

I can tell you this......only 3 slices would just p!ss me off.......I would need twice that. Love the TriTip. Very nice.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    Tri-tip is one of our family's favorites. The guy who runs the meat department at one of our local groceries needs a day or two notice (he says they don't stock them because they just don't sell) but is always happy to oblige when I call him. And they're always really nice cuts.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Options
    newby84 said:

I can tell you this......only 3 slices would just p!ss me off.......I would need twice that. Love the TriTip. Very nice.

• newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Options
    She's on a diet and that's her plate. Figured it looked a little nicer than my plate full of meat and Au Graten potatoes.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Try RD for tri tip the had both choice and prime cuts. Very reasonable.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky