Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Poorly selected ingredients... adds up to the best burger ever?

Options
So, my loving bride and I decided to break out the burger stuffer for a relatively quick weeknight cook.  I had no intentions of photographing or posting it here.  Then when I saw it on the plate I grabbed a shot and also added a money shot.  That's why there are so few pics. 

My wife had bought 96% lean ground beef (I know) and I mixed in some Worcestershire and Montreal Steak seasoning.  We stuffed in some storebought shredded Colby jack (I'm not sure if the recent news about cheap Parmesan applies here) along with some storebought bacon bits (I know).  I added some more Montreal on the outside. 

I cooked them direct at about 600 degrees until the meat on the periphery reached 140. 

My wife had picked up some Kosher rolls that I lightly toasted and we added some pickle (me) and onion (her) with some Whataburger catsup. 

Here's the link to the stuffer. 

http://www.stufzblog.com/

We have done stuffed burgers before and they are usually great, but for some reason we both thought these were the best burgers we've ever had.  I suspect it is because we didn't overstuff - and even though it was really lean, the meat was actually moist after cooking.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments