Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket HELP

Options
I am wondering how I can get my whole brisket 21 1/2 in long into my 18 in large egg. If any one has any ideas how without cutting it,  it would be great if you shared them.  Thanks Andrew

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Several options, If you have a rib rack you can lay the brisket over that. After several hours the brisket will shrink enough and you can lay it flat. You can also use a foil covered brick and I have even used an empty beer can.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Any of the above will work just fine.  Whatever method you use, make sure none of the brisket is directly exposed to the burning lump.  If you need to, use a couple of layers of foil to project anything that over hangs your heat deflector.  And make sure you have an air-gapped drip pan to capture the renderings.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    Options
    perfect and thanks for the input.