Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Playing for championship

Options
jabam
jabam Posts: 1,829
some of you know, I coach a girls AAU travel team. We are an average team. But we are playing in the championship game tomorrow morning, in a tournament in LA. We are expecting much, glad to be in this spot, but we will give it our best. Will keep you posted. 
Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"

Comments

• FarmerTom
    Options
    Good Luck to you and the girls jabam .  My sister and cousins boys played on AAU traveling teams.  They now have scholarships for college.  Really improved their skills and exposure.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• wbradking
    Options
    Although I don't know much about AAU travel teams, my daughter is in a nationally ranked high school marching band. The lessons learned in being part of a team, learning to be able to put the whole above the self and learning to rely on others are great life lessons for sure.  Mad props to you for being their leader. Good luck to you and the girls!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Good luck jabam!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• jabam
    Options
    Thank you @saluki2007, @FarmerTom and @ wbradking. Unfortunately we lost the championship game, but the girls gave it all they had! And that's all a coach can ask for. We weren't expecting to go as far as we did, so we are very proud of the girls!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    While I didn't post on your initial thread, thanks for the follow-up and congrats on getting to the championship game.  Never easy.
    Too many topics or issues get tossed out here, sincere comments made and no follow-up feedback.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jabam
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good luck, Coach! Looking forward to hearing the follow-up!! We are all rooting for you.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Too bad for the loss.  I'm sure it was a great experience and learning opportunity for them.  They will be ready for the big stage next time.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL