Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cedar plank salmon

Options
Rubbed it down with EVOO, Dizzy Pig Raging River.   Cooked direct, 400, for about 25 minutes or so.   Probably went about 5 minutes too long for my taste, but wife was happy. 
--Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
28" Blackstone
South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    That looks great.... Salmon looks awesome !!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Outstanding cook! Beautiful presentation!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    My wife wants me to try this, so it gets a bookmark.  I'm not a big fan of salmon but she loves it so guess who wins. This looks really good though. How do you know when salmon is finished?    And where do you find tomatoes that look that ripe this time of year?

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Hey, real good looking meal right there. Nice! 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Looks fantastic to me.. Salmon looks great..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks great from here!  Your plate reminds me of a summer cook, warmer days ahead.  Nice job.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    My wife wants me to try this, so it gets a bookmark.  I'm not a big fan of salmon but she loves it so guess who wins. This looks really good though. How do you know when salmon is finished?    And where do you find tomatoes that look that ripe this time of year?
    Those tomatoes look so good and red partially because I tossed them on the grill for a a couple of minutes.   I do halved tomatoes like that a lot and like them but the slices came out too soft for me so won't do that again.

As for the salmon being finished, I was just shooting for 145 internal, which I went well beyond.    Next time I'll start eye-balling it about 10 minutes earlier than I did this first time.
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.