Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Thigh Recipes

Smok'inCSI
Smok'inCSI Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi:
I need some killer recipes for chicken thighs, if my memory serves me correctly, ist'nt there one with Dizzy Pig Dust?
Any and all other recipes would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a million for the help.

Comments

• Kyle
    Kyle Posts: 156
    Smok'in CSI,[p] MARINADE FOR
    CHICKEN, LAMB, SALMON[p]1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce
    1/4 Cup of Oil
    2 Tblspns Molasses
    2 Teaspns Ginger
    2 Teaspns Dry Mustard
    6 Cloves of Garlic Minced[p]Marinate in the mixture for 4 hours, turning occasionally.[p]Hope you enjoy it - we sure have.[p]Kyle

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Smok'in CSI,
    drop an E to either NatureBoy or WooDoggies....they make the finest you will ever eat, I checked the Dizzy Pig site and it`s not listed...could try a google search for this site...HTH[p]Wess

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Smok'in CSI,[p]Thighs in this household are cooked pretty much the same way as legs and wings.... the big three... which I think are the best parts of the chicken and where my Grampa would say all the flavor is.[p]For thighs dust up with you favorite rub... Dizzy Pig Raging River is my favorite for chicken and pork... and cook direct on a raised grid (raised to just below the bottom lip of the egg which is the sweet spot as declared by Spin and Nature Boy between beers at eggfest 2002) at 250 - 275 dome flipping every 20 minutes or so for about 1.5 to 2 hours. If need, rotate the grill at flipping time to compensate for hot spots.
    You can ramp up the heat the last 20 - 30 minutes of the cook to brown the skin but most times it isn't necessary.[p]Real easy and consistently good..... good luck and let us know how they turn out.[p]John[p]

• ShortRib
    ShortRib Posts: 180
    Smok'in CS[p]I used this recipe two weeks ago and it got rave reviews. I strongly suggest you serve it with Mojito's to get the full tropical effect:[p]2 bunches of cilantro minced
    5 cloves of garlic minced
    1/2 cup of lime juice
    1/2 cup of olive oil
    1 tablespoon of soy sauce
    1 tablespoon of salt[p]put in a food processor and puree. Marinade chicken 6 hours or overnight.(longer the better)