Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

On my way to pick up my new Paragon in Ogdensburg NY

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
I can't find @tarheelmatt original thread.  Was it buffaloed?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    He posted about receiving it inside another thread.  I never saw his original.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Use mine last night for the first time to hot tub some steaks. Held solid for a couple hours. 
  • paqman
    Options
    He posted about receiving it inside another thread.  I never saw his original.
    I think that It was mentioned in a few threads but I can't even find my own comment.  I remember posting to let him know that I placed the order!?

Anyway, I picked it up, I am on my way home.  No problem whatsoever at the customs; I did not even have to pay taxes...  That's kinda strange, they usually make me go through the whole declaration/inspection process...  We also stopped by a grocery store and picked up some peach salsa and Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce (not available in the GWN)

Options
    Has anyone tried the Chantal cookware?

Options
    Hopefully you enjoy it! 

Never heard of that cookware. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Just one time I want to be ahead of the curve.  I just got an Anova.  That put my wife a little into the angry category.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • paqman
    Options
    Unboxing

edited February 2016
    Options
    Testing with water

I did not have much time to experiment with it but it looks like the temperature sensor is not located at the tip of the probe because the temperature was off by at least 5 degrees until I pushed the probe further down in the water.

Options
    @paqman - I am likely the only one ( on the forum) besides you who has been to Ogdensburg. Youth was spent east of there by about 100 miles in upstate NY. Hope you enjoy your latest cooking enhancement.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.