Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Free Burrito at Chipotle

Options
johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
edited February 2016 in Off Topic
chipotle closed nationwide today for food safety meetings.  To make up for the inconvenience, they're offering free burritos.  Text "RAINCHECK" to 888-222.   No catch, just text them and they'll text you back a coupon after collecting your name and zip code

edit:  deadline is 6pm EST
XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You have to ask yourself one question.
    Do you feel lucky?
    It will be a while before I venture back.
    There is something very systemically wrong  going on with Chipotle.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I have always wanted to go to Chipotle, but we don't have one near me. After reading about all of the people that got sick from eating there I think I will pass. 

As @GregW said do I feel lucky? No I don't. I am probably the most unlucky person I know. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    otherwise known as "Free Searing Abdominal Cramps and Violent Diarrhea"
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    @johnkitchens it's just a good burrito, nothing to write home about.  Don't go out of your way for a dining experience there.

as for the bloody diarrhea, i assume they're trying to bribe back business with free food.  I'll take the coupon and see what happens after their food safety restructure.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I haven't had diarrhea in a while, I'll give it a go.

I texted them, but have not heard back yet - thanks for the heads up.

Phoenix 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I never could see what all the hype was about either......It's just a burrito, better than the gas station burrito's, but still just a burrito.
  • Jcacavias
    Options
    If anyone is ever in the Atlanta area, Willys is a local burrito chain that puts any of the others to shame.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    GregW said:
    I never could see what all the hype was about either......It's just a burrito, better than the gas station burrito's, but still just a burrito.
    A gas station burrito can really hit the spot at times...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    GregW said:
    A gas station burrito can really hit the spot at times...
    Especially if it's within stumbling distance, at least that's what I've heard.