Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple Pie Stuffed Loin

Options
fergi
fergi Posts: 138
I tried this recipe from Eric Mitchell's book "Smoke Like A Pro". Very easy and very good. I used the Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head for the rub and a can of apple pie filling for the stuffing.

Fort Worth Texas

Large & XL Green Egg

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Nice looking cook keep up the good work 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • fergi
    Options
    McStew said:
    Nice looking cook keep up the good work 

Thanks!

Fort Worth Texas

Large & XL Green Egg

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @fergiAwesome looking grub. I have got to ask, how did you like the filling?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Very nice.. Great idea.. What did you think..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fergi
    edited February 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    @fergiAwesome looking grub. I have got to ask, how did you like the filling?

Thanks @SGH. The filling was good but could have used a little help. I used the Lucky Leaf brand and thought it was a good starting point but a little bland. Any suggestions as to what might go well with the apple pie filling?.

I should add that I brined the pork and used grated cheddar cheese with the filling. (as per the recipe)

Fort Worth Texas

Large & XL Green Egg

• fergi
    Options
    Very nice.. Great idea.. What did you think..

Thanks @johnmitchell . It wasn't nearly as sweet as I expected. I think next time I will apply the Pineapple Head to both the inside as well as the outside. As I commented to @SGH, I think it was a little bland but it has great potential.

Fort Worth Texas

Large & XL Green Egg