Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Rib Question

Options
Hey all,
I'm going to do turbo BB ribs for the first time, I have always done low-n-slow.
I did find an old post by Mickey, the father of turbo, that said 1hour 40 minutes and leave them alone for that time.
I'm interpreting that as no flipping.  Right?

TIA
John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Yep
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    I'm interpreting that as no flipping.  Right?
    There is no need to flip ribs when cooking indirect my friend. The only exception to this would be if you was cooking very, very high in the dome. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    No flip.....
    Baby Back Turbo Ribs (No flip)
    350 indirect for 1hr 40 min. 
    Before cooking: Pull membrane , rub, mustard, rub. 
    Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs. 
    Note: with or w/o mustard works .. I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub / I like cherry & pecan mix for wood. 
    If you want sauce: opened 15 min early and sauce. I like the sauce on the table.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Thanks to you both!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Thanks, @stike