Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First SRF Cook. AMAZING!

Options
Well I pulled the trigger last week and ordered a couple filets and a ribeyes to grill out on the egg.  I was not disappointed! The steaks showed up perfectly packed in a cooler with dry ice, and I thawed them out for 24 hours in the fridge before cooking. About 2 hours before I put them on the egg I pulled them out and began bringing them up to room temperature.  I seasoned them with only salt.  Lots of it!  As the steaks were seasoning and coming up to temp, I brought the egg up to about 450.  I also prepared sides of roasted asparagus, seasoned with some salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic, and macaroni and cheese.  The mac and cheese consisted of elbow pasta, sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, muenster, and monterrey jack.  All in all, this was one of the best meals I've had in a long time!  The steak was probably better than 99% of the restaurants I've been to here in the Atlanta area, and I enjoy a good steakhouse!
LBGE, 28" Blackstone
Georgia

Comments