Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brothers Grim and Jeepster talking lump.....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited February 2016 in Off Topic
Brothers @Thatgrimguy@Jeepster47 discussing how much lump the new grill will hold.

Just bustin on you guys! 
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Depending on year, probably around 135 cu. in.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice rig!  Was it @Jeepster47's inspiration or @Thatgrimguy's?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Why don't they measure displacement in ounces, pints, quarts or something we understand?  WTF is a cubic inch?   I'll take a 25 cubic inch beer please.  I'm ok with liters and ccs.
    Options
    Why don't they measure displacement in ounces, pints, quarts or something we understand?  WTF is a cubic inch?   I'll take a 25 cubic inch beer please.  I'm ok with liters and ccs.
    Science!  Remember the big push when we were younger?  We're going metric Umerica.  What a fail.  I'd take that beer though!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Furlongs per fort night is my preffered measure of speed.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Furlongs per fort night is my preffered measure of speed.
    I'm more familiar with hands per score but I like your horse reference brother!
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    That is fantastic ... really love that grill.  Thanks for posting.

@nolaegghead ... No time for tradition?  No bilingual ability?  Heck, our Canadian friends easily talk degrees Fahrenheit when talking about BGE cooks and degrees Celsius when talking about the weather.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options

@nolaegghead ... No time for tradition?  No bilingual ability?  Heck, our Canadian friends easily talk degrees Fahrenheit when talking about BGE cooks and degrees Celsius when talking about the weather.
    They should apologize for that.
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I use the metric system for making dough.  My car has a 3.4 liter engine.  I have an Incra LS positioner system in metric, because it makes the math simple.

http://www.incra.com/router_table_fences-ls_positiners.html

Options

I use the metric system for making dough.  My car has a 3.4 liter engine.  I have an Incra LS positioner system in metric, because it makes the math simple.

http://www.incra.com/router_table_fences-ls_positiners.html

Don't forget in college you were known as the "10cm man".
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    That is the coolest grill I have ever seen! 
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    tgs2401 said:
    That is the coolest grill I have ever seen! 
    Until you see this one:

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Jeepster47
    Options
    @saluki2007 ... I've seen that one ... the spatial engineering is tremendous.  Looks even better than the pics show.  But, for the general public, I don't think it has the wow factor that this one does ... built by five students in a high school welding class for a local firearms dealer.  The classes are not fully funded, so they do real world builds for folks who participate financially.

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Whoa, I stand corrected.......

but still like that jeep :)
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options

Like the Jeep-B-Q, awesome.
    I've converted to metric because it makes sense and is simple to use. It was easy for most of us Canucks to change as no one else in the world was using Imperial gallons and ounces, which are quite different from US gallons and ounces. Cannot understand why the US has not gone completely metric - think of the federal infrastructure program to change all those highway marker posts....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @Skiddymarker - you may be on to something.  I smell an Executive Order on it's way to help us poor citizens see the light  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @Skiddymarker ... I drove I-19 in Arizona every day to and from work during the 90s.  Think it's our one concession to metrication of the highway system ... kind of bipolar though 'cuz the distances are in km, but the speed limit is in mph.  Was going to point it out as a shinning example of our rapid change over to metrics ... all 60 some miles of it.  But, I stumbled upon this article which says the government was going to change it back to English ... but wait for it ... the locals raised cane.  Talk about one leg in the boat and one on the dock.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/15/us/15highway.html?_r=0

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Jeepster47 - had no idea there was an I19 and the it is Canuck distance measurement friendly no less! Learn something everyday. 

We do some cross border shopping and I've noticed that some products like Kirkland water come in 500ml (16.9oz) bottles, so maybe it is coming, just slowly. 

@lousubcap, that would make you old salts tri-lingual, eh?
    1 nautical mile=1.15statute mile=1.85 kilo meter

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!