Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I hope this is a typo

Options

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Yeah. No need to raise prices if the bag is smaller , I guess 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• LRW
    LRW Posts: 198
    Options
    Just bought a bag yesterday at Home Depot 17.63lbs for $12.97
    Volant, PA 1 LBGE ,Smokeware Cap, igrill2
    My Foodtography

• Romain
    Romain Posts: 52
    Options
    Yeah. No need to raise prices if the bag is smaller , I guess 
    They did the same thing with cereal boxes.  Same price, lower weights.  
    Romain Nowakowski Ashburn, VA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It is Eggernomics in full play. I had tried to warn everyone, the most expensive part of the egg is not the purchase price, it is owning it and using it.
    i am getting my second freezer, after redoing my patio, to accommodate my second egg, KAB, table, aluminum foil, butcher paper, thermapen, food saver, slicer, knives, lighters, drip pans, foil pans, SRF, woo, woo2, knives, slicers, lighting for winter cooks BBQ GURU, heat resistant gloves, prep gloves, towels, coolers, yeti tumblers, 20 and 40, and I never even mentioned the price of lump or the hundreds of bags I got over the years. 
    Just Sayin'.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    I remember that happened with candy bars when I was a kid.  A couple of years later they made them bigger again but raised the price from 10 cents to 15 cents.  That's when I had to start charging $4 to mow lawns - up from $3.  I lost one customer over the price increase, but 11 lawns at $4 was still more money (and less work) than 12 lawns at $3 each. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• LRW
    Options
    I looked at my receipt from my purchase of RO last night the bag was 17.63lb and on the receipt was a 15.4 lb bag. I think it's in their system wrong. 
    My Foodtography

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    I'm standing in front of the RO at the Depot now. Tag reads #17 for $12.97 but here's the bag. 

Looks like they went from 8kg to 7kg. 

I'm glad I'm a Rockwood man. No Royal Joke for me...

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    The bag is printed with the 15 pound number. Their system reflects that the new stock is 15 pound bags.  You picked one of the old bags.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Rip off. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • LRW
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'll have to grab the rest of the pallet. I'm going to switch to Humphrey's they are a local charcoal producer. http://www.charcoalbq.com/viewitem.php?productid=41
    My Foodtography

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's almost $0.91/lb. I can get Rockwood for less than that. Funny to see that RO is inching closer to "premium" lump prices. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Last year 8kg blue bag canuck RO jumped from $15 to $20, more expensive than Maple Leaf and Basque's, go figure  :s
    canuckland
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    I have been using B&B, $4.50 for an 8LB bag at Menards.  
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr.