Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

User question

Options
GRN96WS6
GRN96WS6 Posts: 60
edited January 2016 in Forum Feedback
Can an admin reach out to me about a friend of mine who registered a few weeks ago and still can't post?

His UN is @ChrisWillisNC

Thanks
Tommy
LBGE

Comments

• GRN96WS6
    Options
    @EGGzilla_jr   Can you assist?

This user has tried to register for a while and his UN was deleted apparently after I posted this the first time, I don't know why but can someone reach out or approve his account?
    Tommy
    LBGE
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, I don't think that I ever saw a mod on here. If they are on here then they don't make it known. Sorry I cant help you.
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    looks like he's in the system just fine 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    The mods are always around-sometimes striking quickly and sometimes letting the buffalo roam for a while before making their presence known.  Other than letting the forum police itself on a routine basis, the mods have two tools at their disposal for threads; pulling the plug aka "sunk" and complete and total disappearance aka "buffaloed".
    Additionally, when a forum member strays too far from the reservation the mods will strike with the banishment hammer.  
    All the above actions are conducted with stealth until executed.  FWIW-  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The mods are always around-sometimes striking quickly and sometimes letting the buffalo roam for a while before making their presence known.  Other than letting the forum police itself on a routine basis, the mods have two tools at their disposal for threads; pulling the plug aka "sunk" and complete and total disappearance aka "buffaloed".
    Additionally, when a forum member strays too far from the reservation the mods will strike with the banishment hammer.  
    All the above actions are conducted with stealth until executed.  FWIW-  ;)

Otherwise known as moderator ninjas.  

Phoenix 
  • GRN96WS6
    Options
    I know they are not well "known" which IMO seems silly for a forum this large to not be able to reach out to them directly.  He was not listed as a member when I made this post but now is so he should be able to post and such now.  I'll have him try.
    Tommy
    LBGE
  • ChrisWillisNC
    Options
    looks Like I'm good now, had to start over and recreate my account but all good.  
    Apex, NC
    LBGE

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,088
    Options
    looks Like I'm good now, had to start over and recreate my account but all good.  
    Good deal, and welcome.  It took me over a month and a few phone calls from another member.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    GRN96WS6 said:
    I know they are not well "known" which IMO seems silly for a forum this large to not be able to reach out to them directly.  He was not listed as a member when I made this post but now is so he should be able to post and such now.  I'll have him try.
    That's why this is such a great forum, the mods are not responsible for the majority of the posts. They are around, but we self regulate much of the time. 
    @ChrisWillisNC - welcome!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    @ChrisWillisNC - glad the admin is sorted out.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • chrisc133
    Options
    Could an admin please approve OneNole03  

He's been waiting and submitting for a while now.

Thanks
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    @chrisc133 you need to send a message to @EGGzilla_jr , a BGE insider who sorta lurks the forum
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• FarmerTom
    Options
    Darby_Crenshaw, for some time now, I have been trying to decide if this @EGGzilla_jr that has posted some recently is an actual mod/insider, or has one of our illustrious members co-opted that moniker?  Sort of like LittleSteven is able to go from his ridiculous number of posts to that of a newbie.  That Buffalo in the house post not long ago set me to wondering.  What do you think?

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    she works at BGE
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Skiddymarker... We self regulate? As much as we check our alcohol intake.  :o
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Skiddymarker... We self regulate? As much as we check our alcohol intake.  :o
    Exactly! Someone who steps out of line will be cyber swarmed by a bunch of beer and/or bourbon soaked keyboards. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Chris. I have a very good friend in Evans, GA named Chris Willis!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • flyerdoc
    flyerdoc Posts: 141
    Options
    sorry to hijack this thread but in as much as I can post on an established topic I cannot seem to figure out how to start a NEW topic! LOL, guess I am an Eggmoron, but what am I missing? Thanks in advance.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @flyerdoc ... go to the opening screen and click on the circled icon:

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• flyerdoc
    flyerdoc Posts: 141
    Options
    @flyerdoc ... go to the opening screen and click on the circled icon:

Thank you Jeepster47!