Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you are fat, then this one is for you.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
edited January 2016 in EggHead Forum
I thought I would post a real delicacy for my fellow heavyweights. Everyday I see something posted that is related to "dieting" or healthy eating. So I thought to myself, what about my fat friends and fellow brothers of large appetite? Well, if caloric intake is of little concern to you, I got something special for you. Deep fried butter Popsicles.

Batter.
 1/2 cup flour.
1/2 cup of confectioner sugar.
1/8 teaspoon dark brown sugar.
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon powder.  
Milk. Enough to make a thick paste.
More confectioners sugar and/or icing for douching after frying. 

Steps.
Blend the flour and sugars with just enough milk to make a thick paste.

Tip: If you use a tall drinking glass, it makes it easy to dip the impaled butter without using a long pan to have to clean up later. Also you can make a minimum amount of batter by using the glass instead of a long pan. 

Impale the butter. 

Dip the butter into the sugary batter. 

Put it on thick. The thicker the better. The thicker it is, the more butter that will be absorbed. 

Fry in 375 degree peanut oil until the rapid bubbling subsides. About 90 seconds, give or take a little either way depending on how well you maintain temp. 

Done deal. 

After frying, feel free to douche it heavily with more confectioners sugar and/or icing. These taste somewhere in between cinnamon rolls and funnel cake. They are simply a fat boys dream come true. Easy, simple, cheap and delicious. I hope that my fellow heavyweights enjoy this artery restricting, caloric nightmare. Thanks for looking, especially if you weigh over 250. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• It's like the State Fair threw up in your kitchen! So other than the obvious what does Fried Butter Taste like?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    This is spot on.... Diversity on the forum.. Scotty looking after everyone's needs.. I think I would add a slice of pie with sprinkles... Awesome post..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    what does Fried Butter Taste like?
    If you go heavy on the sugar like I suggest, they taste real similar to a cross between cinnamon rolls and funnel cake. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    This is spot on.... Diversity on the forum.. Scotty looking after everyone's needs.. I think I would add a slice of pie with sprinkles... Awesome post..
    Thank you brother. I really appreciate it. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    It's like the State Fair threw up in your kitchen! 
    I'm taking that as a compliment ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited January 2016
     Diversity on the forum.. 
    It was brought to my attention real quick that the use of "fat" is not socially acceptable. But due to me being fat myself, the buffalo will quietly pass us by this time. Heck, most buffalo are fat. 

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    So is margarine the light version?  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

I think @sgh might be trying to kill us all.

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    blasting said:

I think @sgh might be trying to kill us all.

No my friend, just trying to expand yalls waist line a little ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH

WeberWho said:
    So is margarine the light version?  =)
    Indeed it is ;)

Status- Standing by.

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    After frying, feel free to douche it heavily with more confectioners sugar and/or icing. 

aw a 
    You mean "douse"?  LOL  :lol: 
    No... You douche it.. Why else would you put it on a stick? So you can hang on
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Nothing like a good douche
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    In the style of hart attack.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Im not fat, but working on it. This should help!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    See Scottie's plan before he goes back to the barge is to have an angioplasty procedure.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Dude, you deep fried butter? Well, after making your sausage app I'm in......I think. I don't know. Really?
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • SGH
    MaC122 said:
    Dude, you deep fried butter?
    Indeed sir. Been doing it since the early 70's. For a real treat, fry the butter in lard or suet. You can feel your blood pressure rise with each bite =)

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I might be on board if you were using tablespoons, but a whole freaking stick? That's hard core! 
  • SGH
    I might be on board if you were using tablespoons, but a whole freaking stick? That's hard core! 
    There is a old saying brother Double that goes something like this: Go big or go home ;)

Status- Standing by.

• MaC122
    @SGHhow do you eat it?
  • SGH
    MaC122 said:
    @SGHhow do you eat it?
    Just bite into it my friend. Hold it like a traditional Popsicle and start at the top working your way down. 

Status- Standing by.

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Does the butter melt out or is it just a big gob of hot "douche" covered butter?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • SGH
    gmac said:
    Does the butter melt out or is it just a big gob of hot "douche" covered butter?
    There will be no butter inside. It will be a hollow shell. If you make the batter real thick like I suggest, all of the butter will be absorbed into the batter. 

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Isn't the politically correct term... Big Boned, Thick, Husky, metabolically challenged (I kid). I was large MANY years ago. They always called me Husky :smiley: Even wore "Husky" cords from Sears and Roebuck. I eat till I'm full and stop. And my wife & I both still eat like we're at the USN galley / chowhall. If you blink you might get a glimpse of the food disappearing. Like the Matrix I tell ya. I'm okay with some Carny foods but, truthfully we don't eat much fried food. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MaC122
    I cant imagine serving this. But everyone should eat @SGHsausage app! We make them into balls, best thing ever!!! Thanks @SGH
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    That made me throw up in my mouth a little.  :o
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    SGH said:
    gmac said:
    There will be no butter inside. It will be a hollow shell. If you make the batter real thick like I suggest, all of the butter will be absorbed into the batter. 
    I guess McDonalds is using butter instead of mozzarella for their new cheese sticks 

• SGH
    edited January 2016
    Removed to avoid offense. 

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    ^^ Not cool....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site