Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Engle dry box

Options
On sale today only.  Looks like a good deal.    http://sport.woot.com/?ref=aw_gh_sp_6

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks cool. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Check them out at Academy. Over all 3 out of 5 stars, due to poor ice retention.
    good cooler, not great. Likely worth the cost for a dry box.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    these are very good coolers for day use and with the shoulder strap alot more comfortable than the roadie to carry. i use the bait version and can keep live smelt under 35 degrees easy enough
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yet another item that some yahoo here made me buy (probably @nolaegghead or Cen-Tex).  About $40 for the 30qt from Austin Kayak last year. 

I like it because it's easy to sling around with that handle on the lid,   and the strap.  Works great for transporting cooked meats,  or other things when I'm cooking at a friend's house. I use it regularly to FTC briskets,  butts,  etc.  It's the most frequently used "cooler" I own. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Check them out at Academy. Over all 3 out of 5 stars, due to poor ice retention.
    good cooler, not great. Likely worth the cost for a dry box.
    I have one- it's definitely not a cooler. Especially not like an Engle cooler. It's good for resting briskets and butts. Or storing ammo and stuff. I think I paid $39 for it at Sam's. I'm happy with it for that.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Let me be the first....RTIC hasn't "borrowed" this design yet?  My bad they only target Yetitards :wink: 
    I like this as it's more or less a short term Cambro with some other uses as well. And for this price you can't go wrong. I've seen them at Sam's Club in the past but, passed it up at the time. And Engle makes quality products. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    caliking said:
    Yet another item that some yahoo here made me buy (probably @nolaegghead or Cen-Tex).  About $40 for the 30qt from Austin Kayak last year. 

I like it because it's easy to sling around with that handle on the lid,   and the strap.  Works great for transporting cooked meats,  or other things when I'm cooking at a friend's house. I use it regularly to FTC briskets,  butts,  etc.  It's the most frequently used "cooler" I own. 
    Damn.  I saw this on woot this morning and thought, "it's not built as well as a Yeti or Rtic, so pass."  But now that you bring up using it for FTC, it seems like great option.  Might have to pull the trigger on a smaller "cooler" just for FTCing.  It's this forum's fault my wallet is continually empty.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I have some and use them as an air tight dry box for guns, ammo and camera equipment. At this price point you can't honesty compare it to a Yeti. But Engle does make coolers that do at similar price points to other high end coolers.
    As others have said, great company and high quality for the price.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I will also note that this has a rubber seal that is air and water tight when latched. Works great for FTC. Mine has never had ice in it but I sure use it a lot
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I just need one to put zip ties, duct tape, rope, rubber gloves, Clorox wipes,couple of good trash bags.and a few other miscellaneous items. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    texaswig said:
    I just need one to put zip ties, duct tape, rope, rubber gloves, Clorox wipes,couple of good trash bags.and a few other miscellaneous items. 

Lime, folding field shovel, .... :pensive: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Use a barrel with concrete. Deploy in deep water.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I will also note that this has a rubber seal that is air and water tight when latched. Works great for FTC. Mine has never had ice in it but I sure use it a lot

Keep stoking that fire man. Spend other people's $. I like it. I do need a cooler to hold my meat. Well that sounded funny
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    We have one.  We use it at eggfest to transport and hold food from the pelican to the cooking site.  Pelican too heavy to carry and it stays in the car. Works very well for our intended use.  We never expected it to perform like either a Pelican or Yeti.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    texaswig said:

Hey! A murder van needs to be well equipped. Don't want the other serial killers talkin smack. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Keep stoking that fire man. Spend other people's $. I like it. I do need a cooler to hold my meat. Well that sounded funny
    It's what we do, Chubbs. 

And that did sound weird
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fellows, while its hard to tell without my glasses, that looks very similar to the Engel bait box that I use. The bait box is built top notch. The best on the market in my opinion. I can't imagine that one in the pic being any different. Note- I use mine for live minnows, not brisket =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Woot already got me for the little giant ladder today don't want to get in trouble.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Lit said:
    Woot already got me for the little giant ladder today don't want to get in trouble.
    Dude, I have the little giant. It's a handy rascal. It's heavy duty too. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Options
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    Dude, I have the little giant. It's a handy rascal. It's heavy duty too. 
    Yes sir I have a 26' revolution which is great for cleaning the gutters up top and trimming trees but it's too heavy for daily use. The one they have today on woot is just a 13' that does like 3-6' a frame but is only 30 pounds. Would recommend them for sure.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    texaswig said:

"Dexter" style...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    This was on Woot a month or so ago, same colors and sizes. I want a white or tan 30qt. I know I shouldn't care if it's pink, but I do.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Lit
    Options
    Nothing worse than a dry box...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I bought one of these from woot! a couple years ago and this is probably the most used cooler I have.  It's light, not much insulation but good insulation.  The best part is the gasket seal.  This will hold heat or cold better than coolers that are 2-3x more insulation without a gasket seal. 

It's very light and durable.  I think my conclusion would be very practical, especially for the money.  Buy.
    Options
    If you need to hold duct tape, tie wraps, visqueen, plastic wrap, garbage bags, bleach, etc....much more practical to get a soft bag.  Less likely to hold fingerprints and more silent.
    I bought one of these from woot! a couple years ago and this is probably the most used cooler I have.  It's light, not much insulation but good insulation.  The best part is the gasket seal.  This will hold heat or cold better than coolers that are 2-3x more insulation without a gasket seal. 

It's very light and durable.  I think my conclusion would be very practical, especially for the money.  Buy.
    I brought this box to Brisket Camp 1. I was drinking and cooking all day and we had to rush back to meet folks for dinner in town. I was staying at the Roosevelt so I just told the cabbie to park outside, let me run the box in to the bellman and I would run back out and we would go to dinner. It was dark so when I ran in to the hotel all disheveled, the light of truth hit the box and I realized it had brisket blood all down the side of it and it was dirty and smelled like beer. I stumbled up to the tuxedoed bellman and slurred "would you please take this up to my room"? and just pushed it right into his chest. He looked at me like "holy sh!t! what's in the bloody box, asshat"? but i turned and ran out the door for dinner. It was in my room when I got back.

Highly recommended buy.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I brought this box to Brisket Camp 1. I was drinking and cooking all day and we had to rush back to meet folks for dinner in town. I was staying at the Roosevelt so I just told the cabbie to park outside, let me run the box in to the bellman and I would run back out and we would go to dinner. It was dark so when I ran in to the hotel all disheveled, the light of truth hit the box and I realized it had brisket blood all down the side of it and it was dirty and smelled like beer. I stumbled up to the tuxedoed bellman and slurred "would you please take this up to my room"? and just pushed it right into his chest. He looked at me like "holy sh!t! what's in the bloody box, asshat"? but i turned and ran out the door for dinner. It was in my room when I got back.

Highly recommended buy.

It had all the markings of an illegally harvested kidney deal. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I remember that day. WIN
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I remember that day. WIN
    That's right- you were right there with me. Not shocking.