Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table for Large and Minimax

Options

I recently added a minimax to my arsenal and was curious if anyone has a table or plans for a Large and Minimax table where the mini does not just sit on top. I'm interested in a design where the gaskets for both the Large and Minimax are even but the Minimax does not sit in a cutout either.

Anyone have a similar layout or know of plans for this type of table?

Thanks!

Brandy Station, VA Egghead

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Mine is a medium and MiniMax.....but could easily be a large. Perhaps this will be of some help. Full disclosure here, I worked with a craftsman on the design......turned the work over to a professional. I specifically designed for service options as well as cook. Removing the MM alows space for me to place a cooler or even a chaffing rack. Still working on lighting and some artwork......but you will get the picture.  might not address your leveling requirment, but should be a start.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ncaito
    ncaito Posts: 30
    Options

Mine is a medium and MiniMax.....but could easily be a large. Perhaps this will be of some help. Full disclosure here, I worked with a craftsman on the design......turned the work over to a professional. I specifically designed for service options as well as cook. Removing the MM alows space for me to place a cooler or even a chaffing rack. Still working on lighting and some artwork......but you will get the picture.  might not address your leveling requirment, but should be a start.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you! I just wanted to have the option to pull the MM out to take on trips but not have it sitting on top of the table. It doesn't necessarily have to be flush with the other egg. I really like the amount of space you have in between the two eggs as well. Would you mind sending me the specs for this?

Brandy Station, VA Egghead

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @northGAcock Nice set-up. Pleeeeenty of prep space. Curious...do you prep on your table or inside in the kitchen?  Nice area for egging. Cheers
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • northGAcock
    Options
    ncaito said:

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you! I just wanted to have the option to pull the MM out to take on trips but not have it sitting on top of the table. It doesn't necessarily have to be flush with the other egg. I really like the amount of space you have in between the two eggs as well. Would you mind sending me the specs for this?

PM me your email address and I will send you the mock up we agreed upon. It was the equivalent of two 50 inch tables combined into one. It sits on a Pressure treated base. I had the cabinet made and installed. Then I had the granite cut and installed. I have a cover that has been shipped....and looking forward to getting rid of my ugly difficult to work with tarp. 

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options

Very very nice table!  Wow!  I would be nervous if that is vinyl siding though. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    @northGAcock Nice set-up. Pleeeeenty of prep space. Curious...do you prep on your table or inside in the kitchen?  Nice area for egging. Cheers
    I do in the months of November through April. Once the fly's return....I usually head inside for the prep. This sits on my patio which for me, is another room in the house. Love to have you visit if you are ever are over the Columbia way.