Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook

Pork loin and stuffed pepperpizza was greatBoston butt cooked 15 hr
Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Good start. Most on here can't read so pics are required. 

Pizza looks good. Been craving it. Nice post

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Strong start right there.  Great cooks.
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Came out swinging with a multi cook post.  Strong work as it all looks great.  Welcome.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Welcome, grub looks great!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Very nice first cook, Home Run with your first swing at the plate! Just because nobody probably told you, so I will. You have to send a portion of your cooks to me for official evaluation. There is no charge for this service. 
    Outstanding Cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    YukonRon said:
    Very nice first cook, Home Run with your first swing at the plate! Just because nobody probably told you, so I will. You have to send a portion of your cooks to me for official evaluation. There is no charge for this service. 
    Outstanding Cook!
    Don't let @YukonRon BS you he is to receive the chicken cooks. I will evaluate the pork and beef cooks. Bang up job!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    YukonRon said:
    Outstanding Cook!
    Don't let @YukonRon BS you he is to receive the chicken cooks. I will evaluate the pork and beef cooks. Bang up job!
    Don't let @pgprescott fool you!  He and Ron prefer chicken and vegetables.  I have the official beef, rib and lamb testing and certification center.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Welcome....  And you quickly see the BS that comes with this stellar group!   Great cook and pics!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • pgprescott
    Welcome....  And you quickly see the BS that comes with this stellar group!   Great cook and pics!!
    He should be flattered. We know a winner when we see one. 
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Thanks guys. Still working out the kinks. Like opening lid and and daisy wheel shutting or opening. I'm thinking beef next.
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • pgprescott
    Dfoshee said:
    Thanks guys. Still working out the kinks. Like opening lid and and daisy wheel shutting or opening. I'm thinking beef next.
    If you align the nut on the daisy wheel to the 12:00 position as it relates to the amount it is open, it will stay put as it will be hanging straight down when you open it. Sorry I don't have a picture on hand. I bet someone does. 
  • Papzi
    Papzi Posts: 39
    Looks great! Welcome aboard.

Montgomery, OH
    Large BGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Welcome!  Nice looking meal. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Good first cook(s) ... welcome.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Dfoshee said:
    If you align the nut on the daisy wheel to the 12:00 position as it relates to the amount it is open, it will stay put as it will be hanging straight down when you open it. Sorry I don't have a picture on hand. I bet someone does. 
    Here's visuals:
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm#dwsetting

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker